Awkward Silence and Attempting to Learn

A/n Hello everyone here's the second update I promised. I want to let y'all know I'm having some issues portraying lucifer's penthouse so some of what I write might be inaccurate. So we're going to take the video above and add another room in a corner hidden somewhere. or you can imagine it's up the stairs (or behind them that works too) on the overlook somewhere. So just do what you like and tell me where you'd prefer it to be. Anyway hope you enjoy the story and are having a wonderful day/evening/night.

Kigha~ 

After a few hours, Amenadeil began to worry. Why hadn't you woken up yet? Were you okay?

"Lucifer?"

Lucifer looked up, seemingly pulled from his dreamland.

"Should we check on (Y/n)?" Amenadiel asked.

"Oh! Yes! It's been a few hours hasn't it?"

They got up and quietly walked to your room. Lucifer opened the door with caution, making Amenadiel give him an odd look. But Lucifer didn't explain.

Upon opening the door Amenadiel's eyes widened, but Lucifer didn't bat an eye. He was so confused that he failed to notice that Lucifer had looked down and to the right, and was seemingly speaking to something. Amenadiel shuffled and looked over Lucifer's Shoulder to see you sitting on the floor against the wall gazing up at Lucifer with a book in your hands.

*Your P.O.V.*

"I really would like to get you another book. That one is missing nearly half the pages and looks like it will loo-" You cut Lucifer off.

"It's Fine," You said quietly.

You knew Amenadiel was there, you just didn't want to acknowledge him.

"Alright then. Would you like some lunch?" Lucifer asked.

"N-No thank you," You said, looking away again.

You weren't sure what you should respond with. So you went with what you were supposed to answer. You had been bad for him and you needed to make it right. You had to behave. It would hurt less if he was less angry.

"You should eat. You hardly picked at breakfast" Lucifer retorted.

"I-I'm not hungry" you whispered.

You were so confused. You still didn't understand what he wanted from you. You had opened up this morning and he had rewarded you with the piano but you realized you didn't deserve it. It was spoiled and selfish of you to take his time like that. Then you panicked after Linda showed up. GOD!! You were so spoiled. He gave you a room with carpet and a window then taught you piano. And what did you give him? A spoiled brat that just took up his time and space, wasting his money on food. He hasn't even hit you yet and you still acted like a brat. You looked back to Lucifer wondering what he wanted before hearing him speak again.

"At least come and sit with us?" he asked.

You nodded and got up to put your book back on the bottom shelf where it went. You entered the living room behind them, taking a seat on the couch while they took a seat on the chairs across from you. There was an awkward silence before Amenadiel spoke up.

"So, what grade are you in?" Amenadiel asked gently.

"9th" you stated.

"Where did you go to school before?"

"I did online school" You answered.

Meanwhile, Lucifer just looked at you curiously.

"Did you like it?" Amenadiel asked.

You didn't quite understand the question. Were you supposed to like school? Was it something you were supposed to have an opinion on? Wasn't the only thing that mattered your grades and chores. Thinking of which he hadn't given you any chores yet. Why?

"It's okay if you didn't, I hear most kids don't like it," Amenadiel said, probably thinking that you wouldn't answer if you thought you'd get in trouble for disliking school.

You nodded a response, letting him gather whatever he wanted from that.

After a while of him asking questions Lucifer joined in with some simpler ones. You didn't really answer those either but they learned 2 things. 1.) That you didn't really have opinions, and 2.) that whatever you answered it would always be short and direct. You never elaborated everything was straightforward. They eventually gave up and the silence continued. Then Lucifer's phone buzzed. He checked it then looked worriedly at you and his brother for a moment before quickly typing something.

(We'll pretend it's been about 4 hours and you got back up around 1)

"What would you like for dinner?" Lucifer asked looking at you.

You stayed silent and he gently sighed (you almost couldn't hear it) then looked at Amenadiel. Amenadiel also glanced at you before offering Chinese food.