Inbetween

You spent the next two days shivering in the corner of the garage. The smell had gotten worse and the house was still dead silent. You refused to sleep, paranoia getting the worst of you.

I have to go see. But what if she is there? She'll get mad. I don't want to see any more snow. It hurts, burns. But I have to do my chores.

You spent 3 more hours debating on whether to check it out or stay in the garage. Something is wrong. REALLY wrong. I have to go see .

You inched your way up and out of the garage. Opening the door to the hallway you stumbled back. The scent that hit you made your head spin. You retched.

At some point, you steeled yourself and continued down the hallway into the kitchen. The scent got worse as you made your way further.

Then-

There it was.

Its skin was pale and grey, foaming dripping out of its mouth. There were needles and bottles scattered around the kitchen floor. White powder seemed to dust every surface of the house and hallway.

Later~

*Lucifer's P.O.V.*

I rushed past the crime scene tape and towards the ambulance.

"Sir, you can't cross this line"

"My daughter. Where is she?" I asked as the officer stopped me.

"Your Mr.Morningstar?"

"Yes. Where's my daughter? Is she okay? What happened?" I asked while scanning the scene.

"Sir, she is fine. Her case manager picked her up a few minutes ago. Said she was on her way to a foster home. But you can't be here."

"What happened?" I asked.

"She found her mother overdosed"

~A Few days later~ (it's your pov btw)

*BANG BANG BANG* "WAKE UP AND MAKE BREAKFAST B!TCH"

You sat up slowly and wobbled out of the closet into the kitchen.

"Took you long enough," Zachary said.

The 19-year-old was the only biological child of the couple you were currently staying with. The father was abusive to all the foster kids and both his parents babied him. You already had a couple bruises for being "ungrateful" and "not knowing your place" when you had first gotten here. You were apparently the oldest foster kid here besides two 9 year-olds (siblings Sophia and Jeremiah) and a 10-year-old named Asher. It was your job to take care of them and everyone in the house apparently. You had been making all the meals and cleaning the house (with the other foster kids' help) since you arrived. Mrs. Codak(Zachary's mom) was usually never home while Mr. Codak sat on the couch and drank. You learned quickly to avoid him as much as possible. He would throw things if you got too close or stood in front of the TV. He was also very...... invasive. He always stood as close as he could to you. And every time Mrs. Codak or Zachary walked in he would scream at you for touching him. The other kids mostly avoided you. You were all quiet by nature, you supposed. You had heard them conversate amongst themselves every now and then. They often talked about the older kid who was here before you.

You yawned as you scrubbed the dishes, covering your mouth with your hand.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Mrs. Codak yelled at the kitchen entryway.

"The dishes, ma'am." You responded.

*SLAP*

"Don't spit on our dishes you disgusting little b!tch" she growled as she shoved you into the counter.

You probably weren't getting dinner tonight. Oh well.

~Meanwhile~

*Third person P.O.V.*

Throughout the past week, Lucifer had continued to scrub his penthouse squeaky clean. He had begun to get quotes from painters and people to replace carpet or tile so when you came back your room could be redone. He had talked to Linda about everything he observed from you. She had suggested that maybe he should redo your room with you instead of hiring someone. He had been thinking about it. He had bought, borrowed, and read a multitude of parenting and father-daughter books. This was the only time he hadn't thought about his father. Instead, he obsessed and stressed about being a good father to you. He worked extra with Chloe and in the nightclub behind the bar.

Mazikeen had worried about him (she really thought he was going insane) but Linda assured her that he was just a little worried and it was normal for what was going on.

In truth, Lucifer felt like he was being cast to hell all over again. Like his skin was burning and itching. He felt as if he was being ripped apart. He was so anxious he hardly spoke. Something inside of him was screaming for help and he didn't know what. He had that Impending doom feeling that someone only gets the day before something bad happens. But it never stopped.

The day he was called back into court he had pulled himself together so well that Mazikeen almost got whiplash.

~In Court~

*Lucifer's P.O.V.*

Why did the bailiff introduce the case as Morningstar Vs. Hades? Didn't Clarice overdose a few days ago?

I listened to my lawyer go over the case and how this hearing should go when I noticed an older couple stand at the plaintiff's bench. 

A/N

Hello everyone! I'm going to leave you here. Next week's update will also be doubled up to catch back up. Thank you all so much for your patience!! I hope you have a wonderful day/evening/night.