Lets talk

How do you know? I wanted to ask, but it's clear that this didn't come out of nowhere. There are so many ways I can approach this. BLOODY HELL! WHY DO CHILDREN HAVE TO BE SO DIFFICULT. IF I SAY THE WRONG THING I'M THE BAD GUY. IF I SAY SOMETHING CODDLING I'M TOO SOFT.

"I do want you here. And I'm not your mother. Whatever she has told you doesn't apply here. Now, please at least take my coat for now. I can't have you freezing to death. Father knows Ameneadeil would kill me. Or Lecture me to the point I wish he did." I said making a joke towards the end.

She didn't laugh. Damn this child has no sense of humor.

(Yeah. where's your sense of humor?? What'd you do with it? Where are you holding it captive?!! I will find it!. Sorry. I'll stop. Please continue and pretend nothing happened~)

*Your P.O.V.* 

"I have clothes. I'll be okay" you responded

He sighed and you flinched.

"Please, just for a little while." He suggested.

You caved and slowly reached out for his blazer.

You held it gently in case this was a cruel joke, and he'd rip it out of your hands the moment you actually took it.

He didn't.

He let you take it right out of his hand. He didn't tug or yank. He just stood there and watched your quivering hand pull it from his.

You turned your gaze to the floor as you slid the fabric over your shoulders, but you didn't put your arms through. The fabric was smooth against your skin. It was solid and didn't have much stretch. But it was warm. And covered your arms thoroughly, without any holes or thin patches.

"Thank you," he said.

You nodded, despite you taking his jacket.

"Why don't we sit and talk. And you can tell me about yourself?"

He led you to the couch letting you sit before taking the farthest cushion. He didn't want to push your boundaries. Especially after last night. At first, last night's incident was merely an annoyance now however, it was enraging. He really did want to rip that sorry bastard into bits now. But you didn't know. Nor did you seem to mind any of it at all. It was as if it never happened and all you cared about was being as stubborn as possible and apologizing for your reactions -which were mostly flinches.

It was an awkward silence as Lucifer ran with his thoughts. You wondered if he was thinking about whether or not to kick you out or turn you over to CPS. Both seemed to be totally reasonable options to you.

'Strange kid shows up at your door, says they're your daughter? The kindest thing he did was let me stay. Now it was just weird. He had no proof of our relation nor has he seemed to want any. '

"Don't you want proof I'm actually your kid??" You asked, your rising worry making you bold.

"Hmm?" he responded as you shook him from his thoughts.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"I haven't given you any proof that I'm actually related to you. I just showed up and said I was. Don't you want a DNA test or something?" you responded, trying to sound as polite as possible.

"I have proof"