Crap

"(Y/n)? Love?" You heard from your left.

You turned your head to see Lucifer's hand near your shoulder.

"Sorry." You said.

"It's alright. I was just saying that I had some........ business to attend to today and I'd have to leave you here alone. Is that alright?" He asked.

You nodded.

~a few hours later~

*Third person P.O.V.*

Lucifer ran into Lux just to see the elevator doors close. He had rushed back over as soon as he got her texts. She must've been trying to call him for a while because her last text said she'd meet him in the penthouse. He panicked and sped back home. He was almost certain he had broken every driving law and almost hit 6 different people on the way over. He ran to the elevator and smashed the button, hoping to get to the detective before she got you.

Chloe had frozen at the door. You were standing by the window looking panicked.

"Lucifer!" she called again.

When no response came she pulled out her gun.

"Freeze. LAPD" she called as she pointed her gun at you.

She spun as the elevator doors opened.

"Detective- Why do you have your gun out?" He assessed the situation.

You just sat frozen.

"I thought she was breaking an entering," She said as she put her gun away and gave you a sheepish smile and a 'sorry'.

"No no. (Y/n) has been here for a few days now" he clarified.

She sent him a confused look.

"(Y/n) this is the detective a friend from work. Detective this is (Y/n). My daughter." He introduced.

"You have a daughter?"

"Yes"

She looked between you and him for a moment before speaking up again.

"Since when do you have a daughter?" She asked

"Since a few nights ago when her mother dropped her off" he responded.

"What?" She asked incredulously.

She looked over to you who had since distracted yourself by looking at the floor and rubbing your arms. You nodded.

"Lucifer can I talk to you?"

"Of course" He replied oddly as she grabbed his arm and pulled him out of your hearing range.

"You do know that's illegal right?" She asked.

"To drop a child off with a stranger? Yes."

She nodded to him.

"Oh but Detective I'm not a stranger. I'm her father"

"Do you have any proof? She just shows up and you take her word for it?"

He thought for a moment. He didn't really have any proof besides the fact you could read demonic writing. And the feeling he had to protect and take care of you. But that wasn't entirely proof, was it?

Not really.

"Lucifer you need to get a paternity test. And even at that you can't just pick her up and keep her!! You need to get adoption papers!"

A/n Hi Guys!!!!

I want to let you guys know that I do see your comments. I love reading them and knowing that you took the time to comment them whereas most people don't. I don't respond usually because I either don't know how to or feel it would be awkward if I did. But I want you to know that I love reading them. It always brightens my day when I see them. So special thanks to anushka1050, xxSatansLittleGirlxx (love your name btw), Wasted_potential16bringeroflightMiSoQueensIvettke2004,  leelyssant, and Mmonroe20177(your comments are hilarious) for commenting recently. I really appreciate Lucifer_on_netflix for your support and compliments. Whether you say something to me or to the story I always love to know that you guys are into the story. So thank you all SOO much. 

I also want to point out that updates may continue to be a bit sporadic. I will continue to try and update on Sundays but if I can't there will be an update per week. So if I miss a week it will be made up the next week. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Day/Evening/Night and I'll see you in next week's update!

~KighaN

I'm sorry this is SO late I had it ready 2 weeks ago and apparently didn't publish it then forgot I had it entirely.