Pray to God

A/n 12/27/2020 I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a happy new year. I also hope that by this date I have a sh** ton of updates already made ahead so 2021 is less hectic. And for a little info (that I definitely need to keep better track of) You were with lucifer for like 3-4 days (I think that's what I've written. I write part by part so I'm not 100% sure so correct me if I'm wrong.) And with The Daniels for about a week to the date in this chapter. And your birthday is on January 13th. (It's not really important besides the fact that I want it closer to the current date in the story.) The current date in the story is October 14th.

*Third person P.O.V.*

"I should kick you out of my court right now." The judge let it hang. "But I won't. Take your seat, Ms. Hades,"

"Thank you." She said as she and her lawyer sat down.

"This is the case of Hades vs. Morningstar" The bailiff introduced as he handed the judge the case file.

"Alright. I understand that you both are seeking custody of (Yn) Hades, your daughter?" The judge asked.

"Yes," we both replied.

"Okay. Ms.Hades, why don't you tell me what's going on and why your daughter says that you dropped her off in front of Mr.Morningstar's nightclub?"

"Your honor my client hasn't been able to find her daughter since October 3rd. She woke up one morning and after making, breakfast went to wake her daughter but couldn't find her. She had been telling her daughter about her father recently and (Y/n) really wanted to meet him. Ms.Hades had tried to get in contact with Mr.Morningstar but he never responded. When she told (Y/n) that her daughter must've taken it into her own hands to meet him. She didn't know where her daughter was until she got the call that child protective services had put her in a foster home." Her lawyer said.

"Was there a missing person report filed?" The judge asked.

"At the time there was not. Ms.Hades took the advice of her parents and did not contact the police. They thought (Y/n) was a smart girl and would return home on her own. Mr.Morningstar likely didn't let her"

"Are you trying to suggest Mr.Morningstar kidnapped (Y/n)?"

"Your honor my client would never do such a thing" Lucifer's lawyer interjected.

"That is not the case we are dealing with. Let's hear it from your side, Mr. Morningstar." The judge asked.

"(Y/n) walked into my client's club on October 3rd. She claimed her mother had dropped her off."

"And Mr. Morningstar believed her?" The judge asked.

"The dates aligned and he knew Ms. Hades" Lucifer's lawyer continued. "Later on he had a DNA test done that confirmed their relation. As well as his name on the birth certificate"

"I understand that Mr. Morningstar did not sign the birth certificate. Why is that?"

"My client was not aware he was being put on the certificate. Nor was he In a relationship with Ms. Hades at the time"

"And what was their relationship before?"

"A one night stand your honor. " Ms. Hades' lawyer responded.

"Right-"

(Later)

"I believe it is in the best interest of the child that she is returned to her mother for the time being" The judge was cut off

"But-"

"Mr. Morningstar if I hear one more outburst from your side of the courtroom I will deem you an unfit parent and kick you out of my courtroom. Do you understand? " The judge asked.

"Yes, your honor, he does." His lawyer answered.

*Lucifer's P.O.V.* (After court.)

I got in my car and took a deep breath. "You okay," The detective asked as she got in next to me.

"....... Perfectly fine detective," I said as I straightened my suit and shot her a smile.

"You'll get her back, Lucifer. I've seen how devoted you are to her. It'll all be okay." She said.

"I hope so" I sighed

*Your P.O.V.*

"Hey, kiddo." Lily greeted as she opened the door to your room.

"Hello" You called back.

"I have some good news," She said.

There was hesitance in her voice. Her body language seemed upset too. You turned to her.

"So there's a course case currently going on. And your mom and dad are fighting for you. And your gonna go back to your mom for a while." Your face sunk.

"W-what?" You whispered.

"Yeah. It's not that we don't want you. I promise. You were an angel. But your mom wants you back." She said with a forced smile.

"Oh okay"

"Aren't you happy?" Lily asked.

You didn't respond. Instead took your mark out of the book you were reading and handed it to her.

"No. Those are yours now. We gave them to you." She denied it.

You looked at her with uncertainty.

"I promise they're yours"

"Thank you"

"Of course. Thanks for being so good to us. I'll leave you to pack now."

As she left the room all you thought about was why.

(it's not the first time Lucifer interjected)

I hope you all had a merry Christmas and a happy new year.