We can

A/n Hello It's Wednesday. let me know what you think of the song and if I should start putting them at the beginning of the chapters. Also in case, you don't know (I didn't till recently) The music stops when you move chapters.

"Well, we can't just send her back the system isn't supportive as it is let alone for kids with trauma."

"We don't know how to take care of her"

"We can learn"

"But it won't be enough Jacob. We have no idea what we're doing. Is that really what's best for her? 2 people just trying to figure out how to help her while one can't even help herself? God, why'd we even think it was a good idea to do this? " Lily asked.

"No. Don't say that. You're getting better. You may not see it but I do. You don't get to discredit yourself. You've come so far. You can do this. We can do this. I'll be here the whole time, just like I promised when I married you." Jacob said as he brought her into a hug and kissed her forehead.

"Okay," Lily whispered.

"Okay," He responded.

(A little later)

*knock knock*

You turned to the door as Jacob peeked his head in and scanned the room.

"(Y/n)?"

"Yes?" You called from your corner.

"Oh, why are you on the floor?"
You shrugged.

"Okay. Anyway, I came to give you your plate. Just in case you get hungry between now and lunch." he said as he walked in and placed it on the dresser under the window.

"Thank you"

"What're you reading?" he asked when he noticed you putting your book down.

"Call of the wild" you stated meekly.

"I used to love that book when I was your age. We have some more books stocked away somewhere if you want to read those?" he suggested.

Your head almost snapped off with how fast you turned to look at him. Before you could calm down and decline he smiled and laughed a bit before telling you to 'come on' and walking out.

You followed hesitantly with featherlight steps and a constant 5-foot distance. He walked you down the hallway a bit before looking up and pulling down a hanging cord. The ceiling came down and a ladder followed. You darted to catch it before it broke but Jacob had darted in front of you and held you back. You let out a yelp and pushed yourself back, landing on the floor.

"Hey, hey, it's alright. I just didn't want you to get hurt okay?" he said as he approached you and leaned down.

You pushed yourself back a bit as you forced a grip on your lungs.

Damn things never cooperate anyway.

"Okay, it's okay I won't get too close," He said as he backed up.

You took a few deep breaths before looking away in shame.

"No, no, it's okay sweetheart. I'm not upset. Why don't we get those books huh?"

His voice was gentle and soothing; something you didn't think was common in people. He reminded you of Jaydah.

*flashback* (you're 7 here)

"Tag, your it!" you yelled as you tagged the 6'3" man and sprinted across the yard giggling.

"Not for long you little twerp," he said as he smiled and chased after you.

You sprinted around the trees giggling.

"Rawr!! I got you!!" you screeched as he swept you up into his arm.

He squished your nose and shook it a bit before pulling his hand back with his thumb between his fingers.

"I got your nose now munchkin," he said.

You looked at him confused before checking your face and finding that your nose was still there.

"What's a 'munchkin'?" you asked him as you tilted your head.

"It's a really short person," he said.

You nodded.

"Lunch is ready," Your mom called from the porch.

"Ohh lunch!" he said as he carried you into the house and sat you at the table. 

A/n chapter for 12/6 the next is for 12/13.  I got really caught up in the memory and sat there for like 30 minutes staring at the screen before I realized what I was doing. I don't know why but I did. Anyway, have fun with another cliffhanger gonna let this sit for a few days before I post the next one(just to torture you guys).

I hope you're having a wonderful day/evening/night.

~Kigha