What do I do?

Once Linda was gone I returned my focus to (Y/n). Who had since left the room. I ventured my way to her door and reached for the hand.

'Knocking. She probably won't like it of I barge in'

I knocked on the door and heard her gasp.

"May I come in?" I called.

"It's y-your house" I heard through the door.

I opened the door to see her huddled by the door again.

"I-I'm sorry"

"For what, love?" I asked as I stood in the doorway looking down

"I left. I'm sorry" She was looking away.

"It's alright. I couldn't have expected you to just stand there" I justified.

"Why not?" she whispered out while turning to me.

"Because it would've been awfully rude of me" I said bewildered.

She looked confused for a second before turning away and murmuring a 'sorry'.

"I promise. It's quite alright" I said before curiosity got the best of me.

"Why do you insist on being on the floor?" I asked.

She curled up tighter and let out a shaky breath.

'Too harsh' I thought before correcting myself.

"It's alright if you want to but you are allowed on the bed and the window seat," I said gently.

"Th-thank you" She spoke but didn't turn to me.

There was silence for a moment before an idea popped into my head.

"Would you like to go to the library?" I asked.

*Your P.O.V.*

You thought for a moment. 'What's a library? I know I've heard about it somewhere'

When you remembered you almost jumped to say yes. But yet again- you restrained. You weren't 5. You were 14 and you weren't allowed to go out. This could be a trick question. He could want you to say yes just so he could beat you.

'Or..... he could actually care?' 'no. not again' You shook your head and muttered a gentle 'no'.

"Are you sure? I could buy you a few if you don't want to borrow them?" He asked.

"N-no th-that's- it's- okay" she stammered.

You had been on the verge of panic since you got here and it was finally settling in. You tried to stop it but you had simply delayed it. You silently begged for it to stop.

'Not here' 'not in front of him' 'not now' 'please' 'I can't'

But your prayers were unanswered. The unpredictability of everything had finally taken its toll. You were in a new place. With new people. Basically starting anew. Your breathing began to pick up and your tremors began to turn into earthquakes. You couldn't breath. Why couldn't you just BREATHE?

'I want to go home' 'It hurts' 'I just want to go home' 'please I-' 'I just want it back'

You were vaguely aware of mumbling to your left but when shadows shifted you launched yourself back towards the other wall. And suddenly you weren't there anymore. You were in the lab. Then the kitchen. Then the basement.

"I'm sorry! I'm Sorry. Please. I- I'm sorry" You whimpered out.

You choked out pleas like water in your lungs. You hadn't realized that Lucifer had left. You hadn't realized that he was on the phone. You hadn't realized that he had called Linda after he reached out to you and you flung yourself away. Because you weren't there. Your lungs felt like they were filled with water and your chest felt like it was weighed with concrete. You could feel the lines on your back reopening like the day it happened. You could feel all the moments before and all the ones after at the same time.