Chapter 3

Gabriel

I watched from a distance as Luke gave Corey a hug. I don't know what they talked about but I swore I could see Luke's eyes light up. Something I haven't seen in years, and hurt because I was his best friend. I was supposed to comfort him, and be on his side for everything.

After unpacking the tents and stuff it seems like everyone is just saying hello to each other. It looks like half the academy is here. Everyone should be here tomorrow, and then we can get this shit started.

I really didn't want to come, I barely managed  Kayli's shit behavior on the flight. When Brandon brought her home it was weird, I know we all started dating again, but nothing really lasted.

Not until this girl, something about her bewitched my brothers. I thought she was okay when we first met, even got on board with sharing a bird again. But over a year she started to become more difficult to be with.

She let me play with her hair but never style it, she wouldn't let me dress her in girly stuff and only wanted darker clothing. It was driving me fucking mad but I dealt with it. She always ran to Victor when she wanted something, and of course he buy it for her.  She seemed to all pick a favorite due to her mood, I was hardly even chosen.

I know Luke and Corey didn't want to be around her at all, even though she made it clear she wanted them too. I over heard North a couple times telling Luke to give her a chance. He thought that maybe it would cheer him up, being loved again.

I said it, I think the guys are falling for her bad. I'm not too sure about my own feelings, but I think I'll get there. I just want my best friend by my side, not left out. I was planning on trying to spend more time with him this weekend, see if I could get him back to his old self.

I hated what Sang did to him, to us. I couldn't fucking think about her right now. It just pisses me off, even after seven years. But god!! There are times I miss her, I've been obsessed with drawing her eyes. I never colored them in but I remembered. Plus I really didn't want to others to know I still thought about her. They might get mad all over again.

I walked back to our camp and saw my brothers getting some lunch out. North was making sub sandwiches and cutting up watermelon.

"How are things looking around the camp?" Mr. B asked no one in particular. He was back with formalities again, and I hated it. It made me feel like I wasn't his brother anymore, just a teammate.

"There's a lot of members here already. Most of the council are in the cabins. Everything will start tomorrow morning when the rest of the academy gets here." Kota said, shrugging. He pulled Kayli on to his lap.

"So who is doing what this weekend, I haven't got the chance to overlook the schedule." Axel voice before taking a bite of his food.

"Gabriels working with some bird teams on how to better degiuse themselves and coming up with ideas to use their belonging as weapons." Kota said deciding to answer the question. A couple years ago a lot of bird teams were having trouble in dangerous situations. And the only thing I could come up with was Sangs belt idea. So I thought was could make gadgets out of girl things from their purses. Makeup, wallets, jewelry, that kind of stuff.

"Victor and Corey are on teaching computer programming to those that want to handle electronics. Sean is on Cpr and sex education with some others. North, Brandon, are teaching automotives. Raven is on gun and weapon safety. Nathan is on self defense with Silas. Marc and myself are on helping other family leads to come up with solutions for their teams. Luke is teaching how to pick pocket, and unlock locks, and how to be stealthy. You and Mr. Blackbourne are to attend the other team leads the council wants you on. I'm not sure what. And Kayli is to go around and learned everything, and be prepared for her interview at the end of the weekend."