Chapter 38

Sang

I kept myself between Rydian and Volto, my leg cursing me greatly. But I couldn't show weakness, not now, not ever. We followed him out of the building towards the west side exit. There was debris and rubble everywhere. The electric was still off and I could faintly see through the smoke.

Rydian coughed and I squeezed his hand, Volto kept looking back to make sure we still there. When we got out, I was glad we could breathe in some fresh air. What I didn't expect was a black SUV waiting for us. Of course.

He made us get in first, I wrapped my arm around my son glaring at Jade and Danielle who were up front. Volto getting in after us and we sped off. It took them long enough to make a new plan. Rydian was shaking slightly in my arms, scared.

Volto knows of him.

Does he know about the others? God I hope not. No one said anything on the drive, and I kept my eye out. Observing their communication, even though they're keeping a blank face. Josie has one hell of a red cheek on her left side.

Volto wasn't happy with what happened. I hope my chance will come, so I can do the other side for her. We drove through town and I had a gut feeling of where we were headed. How did he know?

We were close to the private property between the guys house and the Anderson's. The car stopped and I didn't let my shock face show. What do I do? How do I bullshit my way out of this? How do I protect Rydian?

"Is there a reason your bringing us to the BlackToma Team residence? I don't feel like going down memory lane, besides I don't think I need to met their girlfriend." Maybe I can get an upper hand. Nathan already told me they weren't with Kayli.

"Why not? I think she'll want to met you." Jade chirped like that's what she's hoping for.

"Get out. Let's go. Leave the boy here." Volto said opening his door and I froze. I looked at Rydian, 'run to anutie Lily's house. I'll met you there. Be careful.' I squeezed him real quick and glared at the two bitches.

"Hurt him and I'll make sure you regret it deeply." My voice hard like frozen ice. I'm making that a promise, and well....Raven will be Raven, I bet he'll love to being out his Russian beast if anything happens to our son.

I got out and Volto slammed the door. We watched the suv parked off beside the road and and of sight. If Rydian could escape, he'll have about 3 minutes to run until he got into the Anderson's lawn, and hopefully run out back to the barn.

Who knows, my mini Russian might just give those two a run for their money. I hope he'll be strong enough.

I kept my face blank as I looked at Volto, he was watching me closely. Damnit. "Take me to your hidden path that leads me to my prize Sang. I don't have all day, and if you try anything...the second round of the bombs will go off at the hospital, this time having the whole thing crash to the ground."
I gulped mentally, while I search his eyes for the lie.  But it was dead set the fucking truth.

"How do I know it hasn't gone off already?" I couldn't let that happen again, there were still so many people on the bottom floor. I needed to buy some time as well. I wasn't sure if Rydian had his phone on him, or if Volto took it.

I need your help LaLa.

"This one doesn't have a timer. Pull anything and those girls will push the button." He tugged my arm with a vise grip and push me forward. He followed me into the small forest that was in between the two residents and that surrounded the area.

"And my son?" I asked trying to figure out a plan in my head.

"He'll be released once I have the hard drive. So don't play games with me." He followed me into the woods.