Chapter 37

Victor

I coughed out the heavy smoke that lingered all around us. There was a banging coming from the door and a voice shouting our names. What happened? The room was dark and faint light came from the window.

We heard loud bangs one after another and then we're being thrown across the small room. The noise stopped and I looked around my brothers coughing and trying to get up. Kota was laying across my legs, bleeding coming from his head.

He wasn't moving.

"Kota! Kota! Wake up! Get up man." I shook him soft at first. Nothing. "Kota!" I sobbed out hoping my best friend wasn't dead. We've been through too much together for it to end this way. I couldn't picture our lives without him. He needed to be okay! Where's Sean? Or Dr. Roberts?

"Kota!!!!" I yelled and nudge him harder. He groaned out and tears fell down my face for a second, my heart once at ease.

"What the fucking shit hell mother fuckerrrrr?" Gabe cursed out standing up and looking around. There was a hole in the wall where me and Kota were standing. A noise came through it and we saw Marc shuffling crap out of his way. He had a flashlight that helped brightened up the space.

"Shit. You guys okay?" He asked trying to get into the room.

"Marc, where's Luke?... Wheres the kids?" North wheezed out. Part of his shirt was burnt off and his shoulder looked dislocated.

"Sang made Lily take them, I don't know but I think they got out in time. She and Nathan went down to the main floor to search for the others." He finally made it through and started helping Brandon and Raven up. Gabriel helped Kota onto his back.

"Don't move him too much,... shit." Mr. B said to him as he held his stomach. His glasses were gone and his hair was a mess coated with dust. Axel and Silas looked fine coming off the floor. There was a cut on my arm which I held to help stop the bleeding.

"We might need Sean. He could have more damage to his brain. Kota how are you feeling?" Mr. B asked coming over to check where the bleeding is coming from. He found his glasses.

"My head hurts, it's like I have a big ass headache. The noise...the noise makes it worse." Kota informed him. We all needed to lower our voices.

"We can't stay here. We need to get out. Look, Sang told me and Nathan some crazy as shit news of who Volto is. You wouldn't fucking believe...." Marc said looking at North. I furrowed my brows waiting. Why was he looking at North? Norths not Volto.

"North...Sang said....she said..."

"What?!!" He pushed Marc to speak.

"Volto is your brother." The room froze below zero. What the heck did he just say? He continued further explaining what princess said to him.

"Your a triplet North. She said he looks like you. Like fucking identical bro. I-she didn't explain further. Just watch out you guys. Don't let him fool you." Marc grab the sterile water thing and cleaned  out my arm. He looked through the drawers and grabbed a wrap and bandaged my arm.

We all help each other get up and check that we we alright. Our minds running through the new information. Silas found a board and put Kota on it, he, Axel and Gabriel and Brandon carried him out the way Marc came. We followed them down to the second level, Marc said they didn't see anyone on this side of the level. He wasn't sure about the other side.

We made it to the ground floor and saw people injured waiting for help. Chess and his team carrying people towards the exit. We saw Henry Anderson and Liam pushing a pregnant woman and an old woman in wheel chairs.