Chapter 20

Sang

4 months has passed since the guys left and it was killing me and hurting the kids. We knew it was going to be a challenge trying to hide things from the others but that was Luke and Corey's call. I could care less what they thought, I have my kids, a beautiful home, and I work hard everyday to make them happy and safe.

When the guys were here, we got to know each other all over again. We made memories and we made promises. The kids lives seemed to have gotten brighter with having father's. They did everything together, learned so much and taught so much.

I loved having them back into our lives but it still seemed lonely. I didn't really know what they felt towards the others, but I was more than okay that if they wanted their brothers in their lives and gave themselves that peace.

When a couple weeks passed I needed to get back to work on Volto. Corey and Luke help me search, we found a trail and stuck to it. We went over multiple scenarios on why he was back in the states, what he has been up to all this time. I looked into gang related things and came up blank. I search for drugs, and money trails. Nothing.

Well, until now.

I found a guy under the name John Taylor. He has a small house in colorado, on private property. He works as a janitor for the nearby highschool, wife died from cancer, no kids, and has more more in his bank account that almost rivals my own. That didn't make sense for a high school clean up man.

He made a mistake with adding an accurate email account for online dating in the area. I traced his IP and found dirt. I looked further into it with LaLa's assist and bingo! Volto himself. The photo shown was a white male around the age of mid 40's blonde hair and blue eyes. I found that same photo in the data base of the FBI. The real name was Jasper Sullivan, stabbed to death in a prison riot. No family and was on sentenced 70 years in federal prison. He only made it 2 years in.

Volto tried to make himself invisible. He doesn't know that it takes a ghost to find a ghost. He can change aliases like me, that's why it's taken forever to track him. I tried to contact Luke and Corey. I sent a message to the BlackToma Team 2 months ago. I was hoping I could get Luke and Corey to come back and help out, but that didn't work out.

When they called a week after, they were furious at Owen and confronted him for declining an assignment that requested for them. We only got to talk evey other week for about 10 minutes, but we didn't get the chance last week to call. They said they were doing good and the family there has been a little lost. I don't know what's going on and I refuse to ask, I have bigger freaks to fry.

I got off the motorcycle in front of a bikers bar an hour away from my destination. Kids are back home working on thier own assignment for the Ashley Waters High school. I thought I'd come be Voltos blind date for the night. I know it's a dumbass move but I needed to who the man under the mask is.

I walked inside and took a seat front row center, feeling every eye on me. Typical.

"Well good evening ma'am. What would a pretty thing like you want to drink?" The bar tender was ok looking, but nothing about him drew you in. Not that I'm looking, I needed to observe the  suspecious bad boys.

"It's Miss sugar. Or do I look that old?" I smirked at him.

"I'm sorry, Miss, what would you like to drink?" He grinned.

"Hhmmm, what about.....2 shots of tequila. I won't be here long, just waiting on a friend." He nodded and gave me my order. I down the first one, I heard someone walk through the door but I didn't look. He sat beside me and I froze a bit, everything in me trying to fight for control.