Chapter 26

Luke

A couple hours has passed and we still saw the SUVs sitting outside. The guys in it, I knew they didn't know what to do, and I knew they were shattered about what they just found out. Me, Henry and Liam watched the security camera of Starr talking to them. She was nothing but fierce with her words, and the Anderson's looked a bit scared.

I smiled to myself, my daughter was all kinds of strong. When she came back in Kade and Rydian were at her side but she ignored them. She ran upstairs and into her room. Corey following behind her, knocking on her door, begging to let him in. I didn't have to look through her camera in her room to know she was crying. I could feel it.

I wanted to punch Norths stupid face for it.

Brayden made cowboy stew that had the Anderson's asking for Sangs old maternity pants to wear. They laughed at that. We talked about anything and everything catching up, but they main reason we rushed here was to protect the kids incase Volto came for them.

I was furious and scared at the same time when Henry told us Sangs been captured. He gave us all the details of what went down the other day. His team tried to find her alone, but needed more help. I was surprised when they let Sean come, but I didn't say anything. We've been getting close with him again after we told him we found Sang, and that we had kids. He was more than eager to beg for her forgiveness like we did. I knew he was against the break-up that day, or he wouldn't have followed her upstairs. That's why I let him come.

I know the kids wanted to start talking about the plan to get their mother back but it was late and they needed to rest. Seans been with Shiloh this whole time, we let them bond in peace. When the kids went to sleep and i showed Henry and Liam to their rooms.

"What about the team outside? They look haunted." Liam asked, looking out the front window.

"Don't worry about, I got it covered." I said, Corey understood immediately. The nannies left before we got here, they had their own small mission to do and I didn't want to keep them. We talked with them over the phone and informed them about everything. We feed the wolves and tried to tell them to leave the guys alone for now. They each stayed with thier masters in their rooms, but Shadow stayed behind.

I smiled and shook my head, these wolves were tall like great danes and big like St. Benards or something. But they could act like cute baby retrievers.

I walked out the front door, sighing at the sight before me. The forest cold breeze blew around giving me goosebumps. I walked in front of the car that had north sitting behind the wheel. He got out first then the other followed suit. I swallowed hard, hoping not to regret this.

"Follow me." I turned and walked up the entryway, hearing footsteps behind me. I held the door open until everyone was in. I locked it and put in the security code while the guys looked around. I walked passed and they followed me to the left side of the house, down a long hallway that connected to a guest house.

Cupcake said it was for guests and people who need a hideout for awhile. It was stocked with supplies, hygiene, food, and clothes. Everything new and packaged. It was bigger than the house the guys had back in Charleston.

When we made it to the living room area, I saw Corey already there with a tablet. I told the guys to take a seat, we needed to talk this out before me and Corey needed to leave again. I wished they could have left, then this would be easier.

I cleared my throat to start, "I'll start from the beginning...just, just listen. Kids are asleep, and I rather get this out of they way. Me and Corey made peace with each other during camp, we talked about Sang. The only thing we both cared about, and we made the decision to look for her. We had a lot in common with feelings, we missed her too much, and we both talked about the pictures and the letter we got about her cheating. We never believed in it, but you guys did. I was a hard choice to make between the girl you fell in love with, and the brothers you'd do anything for. I guess I'd rather loose the girl than my own brother..." I said looking at North. He was what I choose. He was my family.

I continued to explain, leaving out what the kids were like. The things we did, and how fatherhood felt. I wanted to be a shit, and rub it in, but I fucking tired. When I was done, I didn't really expect Raven to be the first to ask.

"Where is My Kitten now?" I glared at him, it wasn't his place to use her nickname like she had already forgiven him.

"Sang." I said but sighed loudly after that. I didn't know how to explain, this didn't involve them. I was done with lying too, fuck! I looked at Corey real quick, he gave me a sad nod. The guys must have sense something was wrong.

"She's missing....she was captured a few days ago in Colorado." Their wide eyes and shocks faces made me continue. "By Volto." Now, that had them standing and cursing. They talked over each other asking me and Corey on more information.

"Where the hell is the psycho?"
"What the fuck?"
"He's still out there?"

"Stop!! Just shut the fuck up right now!!" I yelled. Shadow strode into the room growling coming to my side. That did the trick. The guys stepped back, now patiently waiting for me to continue.

I then informed them of Sangs information and why she had to move the kids around and finally built a safe home for them. To keep them hidden until she put him down. Then I told them what Henry told me. A women with black hair came knocking down his motel room, fighting him to get her stupid friend back and knocking Henry out afterwards. He claimed that they were working with Volto somehow and knew something. They had a solid plan in place but it didn't go through because of the girls Sang saved in the hole in the ground. Henry asked nearby academy members to help search, they found a long blood trail into the woods. Then nothing. It was her blood and a lot of it.

"We don't know if she's even alive." Corey whispered sadly. We tried not think that way, but it's hard. We had to be tough and we had to be here for the kids.

"Were going to find her..." Axel said confidently.

"This isn't on you. None of you. You heard what Starr said. It isn't your responsibility-"

"Fuck that Lucian." North voice hard cutting me off. "That asshole has her, again. Were helping whether you like it or not."

"It's not my decision! It's none of ours! I don't get to make the call-"

"Then who does?"

"Phil!!! Phil does! Starr does! LaLa does!"

"They're kids! We're their fathers, it should be our-"

"No! Don't you get it? This is their family! This is their team! That's their mother! They decide on a plan, with us," I mentioned between me and Corey, "to support them and doing what we can to help. Snag has always kept the Anderson Team in the loop, she trusts them. She doesn't trust any of you!"

"Does she trust you....brother?"

"Fuck you North. She's trusts me enough to take care of our kids, to help Starr and the rest in hard choices. She trusts me to do what's right by her. I'm not fucking making the same mistake I made because of you. I love her, I always loved her, she's it for me. Always. And I'm not ruining what I work so hard for. I'll keep earning her trust back, no matter how long it takes. Corey and Sean too." I looked around the rest of the room. I finally saw Sean standing there in back of the room, listening.

"You guys can stay the rest of the night. Each room already has things you may need. You'll have a shorter trip back home tomorrow. We're done here." I stormed out of the room before I could hit North.

I made it to me and Corey's room and changed into something more comfortable. I told Sean he could sleep in here or where he wants at dinner. Once I was done brushing my teeth, I walked over into Cupcake room and crawled into her nice bug comfy bed that smelled like her. The time said 1:30 am.

"Please be okay Cupcake. I can't lose you again." I prayed for her to be alright. Today was going to be a long day and I needed to help Starr take lead. I tried to forced myself to sleep.