Chapter 11

Starr

I got up on stage with my violin, prepared to play. Kade and Rydian by my side with a keyboard and Cello. It was an hour after dinner and the sun was setting slowly. Some lights were hung to make the stage and seating area visible.

I was a little nervous because we could see the BlackToma Team a few rows back. Owen Blackbourne was watching us, but he looked lost in thought. We were the first to start the entertainment. I thought us playing a symphony would be great, get the crowd interested.

I choose Vivaldi's Summer then turn it into Winter. The love for music I have is something so beyond what I ever thought at my age. I never really understood it, I just let the music live through me. We tested the instruments provided, but my violin was mine. Kade brought his guitar, but Shiloh is the one that's going to use that later.

When it seemed like everyone was about ready to here something, I slowly played the first note. I let my body move with the sound of each cord. Kade added in the Cello, then Rydian made his way in with the keyboard. It wasn't a full piano, but it did the job.

I barely even saw what was in front of me, my mind always went to a happy place, a thought, a memory. It sometimes even went towards a dream that I wished would have been true.

This campout was to see if we could find understanding, find an answer that could have made our lives the way it should have been. To have father's. To grow up among the men that loved our mother, to have them there to protect us. Why couldn't they give mom a few seconds to say two words?

It always made me mad how they treated her that day. How easily they made her feel like such a-....like such an unworthy person. A person that only took it upon herself to make her new family happy, to give them everything she is.

The song switched to Winter. Mom told me why this was her favorite, and how Victor loved to always play it for her she she walked into their music room when he was practicing. He and Owen took her on a date to see new rising artist playing a concert. They watched as the new musicians play like it was the only thing that mattered.

My bow rubbed across the strings taking my anger, to let the world know how much I wanted to scream out my feelings. I knew it held so much emotion, and I knew those who could feel it would understand.

When the song was coming to and end, I made sure we went out with our band signature. The sound of all three of us playing each note in unison never breaking, it was the best feeling. It showed we would always be there for each other, as a team, as best friends, as a family.

When it was over I had to catch my breath, give my hands a loosen at the hard work they accomplished. When I looked up, the only eyes I could feeling burning into me was of Victor Morgan, a prodigy. The perfectionists, Mr. Owen Blackbourne. And my blood, North Taylor.

I looked away and took a bow, it was then I finally heard the cheers and applause that echo through the park. I turned to get off stage, Kade and Ryd right behind me. We saw Gramps just around the corner and I hugged him.

"That's was magnificent my little granddove! You too boys. Your talents are definitely unbelievable."

"Thanks Gramps. What movies are going to show later?" I asked, we were all hoping for comedy.

"Jumanji 1&2." He replied with a smile on his face. Kade and Ryd high-five, we like those movies. I smiled at Gramps and nodded.

"Go find some seats, I think your sisters are saving a spot up on the left side," he pointed out from where we stood. We were opposite from the BlackToma. "Shiloh will be 5th in line. There are only 11 acts that signed up. I think LaLa is helping with popcorn and snacks when the movies start."