Chapter 31

Luke

The guys left without complaint after breakfast the other day. The meeting with Dr. Roberts was short and to the main points. The kids complained as we tried to negotiate a plan. We got some intel on the whereabouts of the blonde lady Henry was with before he got knocked out by a woman when he answered his motel door. He thought she was a hooker in a need of change for a phone call or something.

There were some sights of the blonde that fit her description. There was one lead after another from Colorado airport, she took a flight to South Carolina, and most sights of her were in North Charleston.

Starr said it was a good place to start and to meet the rest of our rescue team there. Her, Kade and Rydian are coming with me and Sean to Charleston. The rest is staying here out of harms way with Corey. They were our eyes and ears, and everything we need with a type of a keyboard. We knew Cupcake would kill us slowly and painfully if we put all the kids in danger.

The Anderson's, the Kalo, the Council, and the Landry Team were at our aid. I thought we needed more to find Sang. She was a ghost after all, but Starr had different plans. I needed to trust in her capabilities. We were going to land soon, and we were staying at the Anderson's home, to Lily's demands that the kids found funny.

I really didn't want to be that close to the guys, they were just down the road, along with Kayli. I grimace just thinking the name. But it's was secure and had equipment, plus the kids would love to meet there aunt and other uncle's. The other kids said they'll be on the next flight once we find Cupcake. Were hoping she's not hurt, if she is then....she'll probably have to be in the hospital for awhile. God, let my cupcake be okay.

It was a over an hour later that we made it to the academy head quarters on the east side of the country. We had five main branches here in the U.S. The north branch was in North Dakota, west branch was in California, central was in Nebraska, and the southern branch was in Texas. The only one I got to go into.

HQ was in a new building across town from the hospital. Apparently Cupcake thought the headquarters should change locations every couple years, possible even to the Northern Carolina. It was something the council liked, because it helped us keep the academy secret.

The building was 4 stories high and the only main floor that held academy business. The floors below held other small business and firms that did things around the city. Top floor was private and needed access codes just like the old one. A pad scanner plus security were the first things you see getting off the elevator.

When we were let in we followed a male receptionist down a couple halls until we got to the main meeting room. The other Teams already there talking amongst themselves. The council held Dr. Roberts, Mr. Bubble, Mrs. Rose, Ms. Claw, and another Lady I don't know. I knew they were more councils but there's were probably the only ones that had time.

Dr. Roberts, Mr. Bubble and Mrs. Rose all but beamed at the kids. The kids powered walked to them and gave out hugs. "Gramps! Nana! Uncle Bubble!"

I snorted my laugh at Mr. Bubbles name, he shot me a quick glare that dared me to say something. I zipped my lips and pretended to toss the key away. But that didn't take the smile off my face. That man can be very intimidating, he was like Mr. B but twice as bad. The said their hellos before Dr. Roberts did.

"Oh, how are my pups and birdies? It's great to see you again. I missed you so much." Dr. Roberts said squeezing the life out of Starr.

"Were all good Gramps, we missed you a lot too." She stepped back and turned to find the other members watching their interactions. I sat down at the table and nodded my head to them.