Magnus, Magnus, Magnus...

Hello, guys! How are you doing? This week has been rough, I experienced my very first heartbreak. My boyfriend and I broke up and it was a horrible week for me but hey, maybe I can use the feelings I had to improve my writing lmao. I hope you had a great day!
____________________________

We were running - running through the wood because staying there was no other option. They weren't really more people than us, but who knows if they had any weapons. We wouldn't take the risk so we decided to leave and it might get hard to find us in this big wood.

Alexander was holding my hand, while we were running side by side, sometimes looking back to see if they were coming after us. "They are coming, I see them." Joelle yelled. At least they couldn't get here with their cars so they had to run as well. That was another good thing about this wood. "Guys, we should split up!" Joelle suggested but Alec looked at her as if she was out of her mind. "Are you serious? What-"

"No, I think she might have a point," Blake breathed out. Talking while running wasn't easy but we had no choice. We couldn't stop and make plans, we had to keep moving. "They will keep chasing us but they can't chase all of us, if everyone is going another way. We could meet at the cliffs, on the right side of the bridge. There is a small trail we could escape easily but this won't work out if they stick to our ass!" Blake told us out of breath and I actually thoguth that this was a good idea, even though we might regret this later on.

"I can remember, that there is something to hide. We can wait there till everyone is here. It's easy to find the way to the cliffs." Elliott said, assuming he had already been there before. Aexander didn't seem to be excited about this idea but there was no other option. "What if they catch one of us?" Alec wanted to know.

"They won't, this wood is big, there is always another way to run, just don't leave the woods!" Blake explained, whereupon Alec looked at me frightened. After a minute full of hesitation, he sighed and nodded. "Okay, let's do that. Stay safe." he agreed, whereupon I softly said: "I love you." He just nodded fearfully.

Right after that, everyone took a different way and now I was running all alone. I was scared but not because of me but because of everyone else. What if they can't make it? What if everything goes wrong? My body was rushed with adrenaline which was really good at this moment because I didn't feel too exhausted yet.

Being a police officer required a lot of stamina and even though I wasn't one anymore, I still had it. Just that now I am the one running away, and not the one chasing. What a horrible feeling. I looked back and saw that a few people were actually running after me and now I felt even more pressure on me than before. I couldn't figure out how many there were but all I knew was that I had to keep running.

At some point I didn't even know how long I have been running but I finally started to see the brigde Blake was talking about, which means there must be the cliffs. It relieved me a little until i stumbled over something and fell down. I groaned in pain because that was a very painful landing.

Stressed I looked back and saw that there were only two people chasing me but they were coming closer. It was the blonde guy in a grey hoodie and another guy I didn't know. With all my strength, I pulled myself up and kept running. My leg hurt which slowed me down but I had to keep going.

I was out of breath, trying to stay calm with all this. I stopped running in the middle of a bridge, when I saw that there were gang members coming from the other side. I wanted to turn and go the other way but there those who were chasing me all the time. Fuck, I wasn't in the woods anymore. I remember Blake telling us to stay in there but I messed up. There was no way to escape, I was fucked. I looked around, trying to figure something out but they were getting closer and no possible solution came into my mind.

This moment made me feel so lonely, because I hated being alone right now but on the other hand I was happy that everyone else was safe. It was just me, no one else. I saw them coming closer and closer and even though giving up wasn't something I'd usually do, the thought of just letting them take me went through my head.

"Magnus, Magnus, Magnus... I guess you're fucked now." I heard someone say, knowing that this voice was quite familiar to me. It was Liam Nolan, who we thought was dead, that came out of the crowd to see my downfall because yes, this proably was my downfall. "I didn't think Alec would let you run alone, I'd prefer to have you both here but I know that it won't take too long to get him when we have you." he explained to me and since I didn't see any of my friends here, but all the gang people that chased us, I knew the others made it to the cliffs safely.

I shook my head and asked: "Can't you remember how that turned out last time? Didn't your precious co-leader die?" His expression stayed the same, like he didn't care at all. That's how I always expected a gang - all cold and not caring about their mates, but when I met Alec's gang I knew that it doesn't have to be that way. I have never seen a gang that cares that much and that's what keeps them human. Love.

"I can indeed remember that day and you will pay for it. You and all your friends because believe me, this time we are prepared and none of you will make it out alive if they even try to get you out of there." he said and he said it with a tone that made me shiver. He said it full with hate and bittneress, which made me actually believe him. I swallowed, looked around and only now there was one solution to get out of there, that came up.

Slowly, I stepped back till I was at the edge of the bridge. I climbed it up and there was only one step left and I would fall. I looked down and noticed how deep I would fall till I would hit the water. It was a river with a strong current. Would I survive that? That was a fifty fifty chance, well more of a seventy to thirty chance but what other choice did I have?

"Oh Magnus, get down there," Liam said as he watched me consider to jump. "There is no way you would survive this." he let me know and I knew that I could die but if I go with him, the others would come for me, I know that.

They would come for me and they would put their lives in danger to save mine and this can't keep happening. I believe him when he says, that none of them will make it out alive if they were about to save me, so I have to save them. Now I have to be the one that puts himself in danger in order to save the others. I had to, even if it might cost my life.

Many things went through my mind in that moment: I hoped that they know  that I tried my best. I hoped that they would forgive me and I hoped that in case I wouldn't survive, he'd find someone else. I hoped they know I'm sorry, that they had to lose me and that I couldn't make it.

"You're not gonna get me, Liam. Never." I answered as I closed my eyes. The air went through my lungs and it felt like it was the last breath I would ever take, before I slowly let myself fall back down. May they be safe - my last thought and then it happens. All the fear left my body and all I could feel was this deep, miserbale darkness overcoming me until I felt nothing at all.