My boyfriend?

Thank you guys for 2.000 reads already! I hope you are all doing fine! <3 Also, congrats to Matthew Daddario since his little baby-daughter is now with us on the earth! 🥺❤️
___________________________
Celine's POV

It was already dark and only a few people were here at work. Most of them were already gone and I was done as well. I packed up the last folder and put it away. If it were in the middle of the day, I would change, but since it was at night and I wanted to take the subway home, I preferred to leave the uniform on.

It's not always safe as a woman in America, and I felt safe with this uniform. Nobody would dare to touch me because he would get an ad immediately. I felt powerful with this uniform, but not in a negative way.

There were many police officers who used their job to hurt others, but I wouldn't do that. It was only for my protection. I wish all women had this protection. There were terrible people here in America. There were terrible people everywhere around this world.

I went out of my office with my bag. Working without Magnus was always boring, but I survived. I hoped that at least he had a more exciting day than me because mine was really boring.

"Are you done?" Helen asked me as she cleared her last things herself. I smiled and nodded. "Is your boyfriend picking you up?" she wanted to know. I frowned. Wait what?

"My boyfriend?" I repeated and she nodded. "Elliott? How do you know that?" I wanted to know. I couldn't remember that  I ever mentioned him. Above all, I had never said that he was my boyfriend. I mean, theoretically he was, but we never talked about it. There was nothing official.

"Oh, Magnus had told Aline something and she had told me something. You know there's a lot of gossip." she admitted. I rolled my eyes. Sure, Magnus was behind it, who else.

"No, he doesn't pick me up. I'm old enough to go home alone." I explained with a smile. He had suggested to pick me up, but I didn't want him to have to drive back and forth because of me.

"But you're going to his apartment, aren't you?" she wanted to know. She had this smirk on her face. Why was she so curious? I never told her about my love life. Okay, maybe that was because I never had anything really serious before Elliott. Was it serious with Elliott? I mean yes, I didn't play with him but we knew it probably wouldn't work out forever.

"Helen, I really don't have time for that. I would like to go home." I answered. I wouldn't stay ten minutes longer to tell her everything. I couldn't even tell her everything because then I would lose my job.

"You mean to your boyfriend!" she called after me, but I ignored her. I just shook my head with a laugh. I closed the door behind me and took my key. I was finally able to go home.

Only the street lights lit up the city. I walked on the sidewalk on the way to the subway station. I don't like to ride the subway very much at night, but I would have to go through there. There was nobody around me. The streets were empty. Not even many cars drove on the streets.

Just as I was about to walk down the stairs to the subway, I felt someone grabbing me from behind and pulling me to the side. The person then grabbed my shoulder and pressed me against the wall. He put his arm on my chest so I couldn't free myself. I sighed in pain because it hurt.

In front of me was a brown-haired guy with an angry expression on his face. He pressed me against the wall so that I couldn't move. Fuck, my uniform didn't help there either.

"Celine, how lucky I could still catch you." he said. I frowned. How did he know my name?Probably so we know, that they know who we are. So this was not a man who wanted to rape me, it was something personal. Only I had never seen this guy before. He looked pretty Italian. I don't know why, but if I imagine an Italian guy, he would look like that, or like Blake, because Blake always reminded me of Italy.

"Let go of me." I said and tried to free myself, whereupon he only pushed me closer to the wall. It felt like he would break my ribs if he squeezed harder. He looked really mad. A cold shiver ran down my spine. I was scared because I didn't know what he would do. I hated feeling scared.

"You listen to me, you little slut." he said. How charming. "I know you want to get Alec out of jail, but that won't work. Tell your friends to be careful who they mess with." he said. I tried to breathe properly, but it was difficult. It felt like he blocked my lungs.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I said through my teeth. Talking wasn't easy for me either. "I told you to let go of me, you filthy bastard." I said and raised my knee. I rammed it into his genital area, causing him to flinch in pain. I breathed a sigh of relief. I kicked him so that he fell to the ground and I could run away.

"You dirty slut!" he called after me. I just kept running. I was afraid that as soon as he could get up, he would chase me. I ran far until I hid behind a garbage can. Crap.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Elliott's number. Taking the subway was no longer an option. Who was this guy and what was he talking about?

"Hey, are you on your way home?" asked Elliott as soon as he answered. I sighed in relief when he answered the call. "Celine?" he asked.

"Could you please pick me up?" I asked. "I'll send you the location right away, but please hurry up." I said anxiously. Maybe I should have take my gun with me. I usually left it at work because I never wanted it with me, but if I had known I would have taken it with me.

"Sure, are you all right?" he asked worriedly. I swallowed and looked around. Fortunately, there was nobody here.

"No, please just hurry up." I said. "I'll explain everything to you when you're there." I explained to him out of breath. I could hear him hurry to the car. I was so happy to have him.

"I'm on my way, are you hurt?" he wanted to know. He seemed very worried and I appreciated that. Not everyone was so worried about their girlfriend.

"No, it's fine." I said. I knew I would probably have a bruise on my back tomorrow, but I was tough. "See you." I said and hung up. I sent him my location because I was quite far from the police station. Now I had to wait and see.