Okay, I agree.

Alec's POV
I was sitting at a table and other inmates were sitting around me. We sat in the grouproom and we talked. Well, I didn't speak very much. The only one I really spoke to was Hodge. I thought I could try to reduce the conversations but I noticed that if I didn't speak I would go crazy.

I often imagined what it would be like if I actually had to go to jail. I thought I could do it easily. Sitting there for a few years was not a problem, but now that I was actually here, I saw things differently. It wasn't nice. It was very lonely.

I had Hodge and I saw other inmates, but it wasn't the same. I've been here for a while now and I missed Blake and Elliott very much. I missed laughing with them and spending time with them. They were my family and now they were outside and I was in here.

My sentence wasn't certain yet, but I would have to stay here until the trial is over. It didn't look good for me. I knew I was in pretty deep shit and Blake and Elliott couldn't just get me out. But well, maybe I just deserved it.

The people here were okay. Some were assholes but I avoided them. I didn't want to cause more problems. You don't really have to do anything. You sit and wait. Sometimes you work in the kitchen, but that took turns. It was always the same.

I had already talked to some prisoners. They have been here for a few years and not for the first time. I wondered why these people just throw their lives away until I realized that I wasn't better. I was just lucky to never get caught. And when I was caught, the policeman fell in love with me and I was not punished again. I guess I was a lucky person.

It was hard here, but I was tough. I just often thought about what happens to younger people here. I mean, the ones who came here for things that weren't as bad as, for example, tax evasion. These people have no plan here. They will only become more criminal here than you were before.

It wasn't a lesson for everyone. Some come back because they enjoyed the prison. You have everything you need. A bed, a shower and food. You can live well here, but what you don't have is your family, friends, freedom. I just needed that.

"Are you thinking about your boyfriend again?" Hodge asked in front of everyone else when he noticed that I was back in my thoughts. In fact, I thought a lot about Magnus. I mean, I always thought about him a lot, but now I had a lot of time.

When he left I always tried to distract myself. I was outside a lot more, even when we had nothing to do. We mostly took care of the problem makers in gang business but we were actually very peaceful.

"Boyfriend? Are you gay?" asked someone who was also sitting at the table. I had never spoken to him because he seemed very rude to me. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Do you have a problem with that?" I asked and he seemed very surprised at my question.  No one could tease me with my sexuality, because I stood by it and I stood by Magnus.

"I'm not a fan of fagots." he said. I nodded and turned away again. I wouldn't get involved in something like that. "What? Don't you want to defend yourself at all? Defend your rights?" he wanted to know. God, he was exhausting.

"Listen, if you don't like it, that's your problem, not mine." I answered. I didn't care what he thought of me. I wasn't going to be friends with him. He stayed quiet now.

"Alec Lightwood! Visit for you." I heard one of the guards say. I looked up confused. Visit? I knew that the visiting times were at the moment, just that I never got a visitor and actually I shouldn't get one. I had told Blake and Elliott not to show up here.

I got up and the guard took me to the visiting room. In this room sat a few people who were just meeting their loved ones. I often imagined that Magnus would be here. He would sit here and I would see him again. The thought was beautiful, but I didn't want that. I didn't want him to have to go through it all again.

A slightly older man sat on a table and smiled at me. I frowned. Who was that and why was he visiting me? Was that somehow my biological father or what? I sat down with him in confusion. There were some documents in his hand.

"Hello Alec. I'm Ragnor Fell." he introduced himself. He held his hand to him and I shook it. "I am your lawyer." he added. Wait what? My lawyer? I didn't have a lawyer. I didn't want a lawyer. Why should he defend me if I wasn't completely innocent?

"I didn't ask for a lawyer." I replied and he nodded. Where did he come from? Somehow I felt uncomfortable because I had a guess and it was terrible. "Who called you?" I wanted to know. He smiled.

"His name was Blake Garcessa." he let me know. Yikes, I was relieved. For a moment I thought Magnus had called him. I wondered if Magnus knew about it at all. I mean, he works for the police and it is probably already in the media. "I know you didn't want a lawyer, but I advise you because you're really deep in all this." he explained to me. After all, he was honest, but I already knew that.

"I'm not innocent. I may not have murdered the woman, but I might have been able to prevent it." I explained. I didn't know who exactly wanted to blame me for this murder. I didn't know why either.

"You didn't murder the woman and you didn't help murdering her either. That's the most important thing. You shouldn't be punished for it. You could go to prison for life if things go very badly. Trust me, I can help you." he explained to me. I sighed and leaned back. Maybe he was right. I couldn't just let Blake and Elliott down, could I?

"Does Blake have the money from his family?" he wanted to know. The lawyer shrugged. I didn't really want him to use his parents' money. Lawyers were expensive, very expensive, but otherwise he wouldn't have called him if he didn't need me. Blake needs me. I was the leader of the gang. The two needed me. "Okay, I agree." I answered. Ragnor nodded and smiled.