Deal.

"How much I missed that!" Celine gushed as she ate Elliott's breakfast. I smiled. We all sat at the table and had breakfast together. It was early in the morning because we had to work today. I hadn't slept very well that night, so I was pretty tired.

The smell of Alexander made me relax, but all I did was thinking of him more than usual. I hoped he was fine where he was. I hope that he will fight back if someone wants to hurt him there.

Celine had Elliott back and that made me very happy, but it feels bad when I'm still alone. I just wanted Alexander back with me. I've wanted this for three years.

"And I missed someone actually appreciating my breakfast." said Elliott, whereupon Blake looked up in surprise. "Yes, I mean you!" he said.

"What? I appreciate your breakfast!" Blake defended himself. "Only I've been eating it every day for years. It became a habit." he said. Well, that made sense. Elliott laughed and I put my cutlery aside. I hadn't eaten everything, but I wasn't really hungry.

"Don't you eat anymore?" asked Elliott. I shook my head and got up. I was already wearing my uniform because I didn't have anything else with me. I had to wear it anyway.

"Yes, I'm no longer hungry, but it was delicious." I said. He smiled. "I'll start the car then. Will you come after, Celine?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"No, Elliott drives me to work. I start two hours later." she explained to me. Oh yeah, that's right. Well, then I would probably go to work on my own. I said goodbye and made my way.

The police station was not too far from here, so I got there pretty quickly. Earlier than I should have. Blake, Alec, and Elliott didn't seem to have changed that much. They are still the same and are still doing their thing. At least Blake and Elliott.

I thought back to the time when I had met everyone. Nick was the nicest one at the beginning. I missed him, since I knew that he would never come back after he shot himself in front of me. I often wanted to go to his grave, but I had no idea where it was. Too bad.

"Magnus! Earlier than usual?" asked Helen. She also worked here and was really nice. I don't really talk to her that much, but every now and then we talked about work.

"Yes, I had nothing to do at home." I explained. But I definitely had a lot to do here. I would have to talk to Maira today, find out who is taking care of the case and what exactly Alec is accused of. It won't be very easy.

"Tell me, Helen, do you know anything about this new murder case?" I asked her carefully. She frowned. I find it rather strange that we were not informed. Normally we would have known long ago.

"New murder case?" she asked and I nodded. "I'm hearing about this for the first time. How do you know that?" she asked. Actually from Maira, but maybe I shouldn't say her name.

"A close friend told me, but I wonder why we weren't informed. Especially not me." I said. I was mostly responsible for the murder cases. I was good at solving them, which is why they mostly worked with me. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Maybe this murder case is a little trickier, which is why they didn't want to make it too public. Not even with us." Helen explained. That may be the reason, but why should Alec's case be tricky? I smiled and just nodded, and went to my office.

In any case, there is nothing in the medias yet, because then everyone would already know about it. That was good. I didn't want everyone to call Alec a monster. He wasn't. He was one of the most loving people I've ever met. At least he could be if he wanted to. He loved people with all his heart and would do anything for these people.

I reached for my cell phone and wrote Maira a message.

Maira

Hey, could we meet?
I'm at work, but you could
come over. I need your help.
It's urgent.

Sure, give me 20 minutes.

****

Twenty minutes later, there was actually a knock on my office door. "Come in," I said, and Maira came into my office with a smile. I smiled back.

"Hey, what's so urgent?" asked Maira and sat on the chair. It was early, but she still looked good. I sighed and sat up straight. I considered how to ask her that.

"You called me yesterday about this murder case, right?" I asked and she nodded curiously. "How did you even know about it?" I wanted to know first. It wasn't on the news, so she shouldn't really know.

"A friend called me. She was there when this guy was arrested. She had heard it was murder and called me immediately. I thought you knew something about it." she said. "Do you know anything about it now? I'm trying to get a big story out there, but it's really hard to get information about this case." she explained. Yes, I noticed that.

"That's why I asked you here." I admitted. "I would like to ask you not to publish this story. It doesn't matter whether other newspapers do it or not, but it is important that you don't." I said and she frowned. She didn't seem to like it and I can't blame her. It was a big favor I was asking for.

"Why? Is that some secret thing? Do you actually know what kind of story this would be? People love murder cases, that helps our newspaper bring in some exciting stuff." she explained to me. I sighed, I knew that.

"I know Maira, but I really need your help with this." I explained. "I know that it takes a lot and I can't explain why, but I promise you a big story when it is all over." I meant. I hoped it would be over soon.

"A bigger story than a murder?" she asked skeptically. I nodded. She seemed to question all of this very much.

"A story about a man who was wrongly arrested." I said. She seemed confused, but smiled. "You have to stay really quiet and make sure your newspaper doesn't publish it. Not yet. Please, Maira." I asked. She sighed and then nodded.

"So you mean that this man who was arrested isn't the murderer at all?" she asked with interest. I didn't really know a hundred percent, but I trust Alec. He wouldn't murder anyone whose not a threat to himself or others. Especially not an innocent woman.

"I can't tell you anything specific yet. I'm working on the whole thing, but something is off about all this, believe me." I explained. She nodded.

"Okay, I'm going to keep my fingers steady for now, but I still want to be kept informed as soon as you know what's going on." she said. I took a deep breath and nodded. That seemed fair to me.

"Deal." I said and gave my hand to her. I couldn't turn off the media, but I already have the most read newspaper on my side. I trust Maira and I believe, that she won't tell anyone. A milestone has been reached.