What was your plan?

Celine's POV

She was so young, what was she doing here? Her hair was red and she was wearing pretty stylish clothes. She even wore high heels. The Heels weren't really high, but nevertheless. She held out the knife threateningly.

"Girl, how old are you?" I asked. The girl then just frowned. I wondered if she was a Nightchildren. If so, what was she doing here? Why was she alone?

"Is that any of your business, bitch?" the girl asked provocatively, causing Blake to giggle. I gave him a pissed-off look, but then concentrated again on the bitchy girl. "You shouldn't mess with me." she said now. Was she serious? She was a child. It's not like any of us are messing with a child.

"I don't want to threaten you or anything, but there are three of us and you are alone." I informed her, but the girl just laughed. What was funny about that? The girl would be completely screwed if we weren't that good people. "Listen, go home. This is really not a business for children here." I added and she knew I was right. Children, or rather teens, shouldn't be here.

"I'm not a damn kid anymore!" she said loudly and took a step forward, the knife still pointing at us. That little arrogant bitch, I thought. Magnus took a step towards her. "Stay back, I swear I'll stab you." she said a little nervously. So she wasn't completely without fear. That was understandable.

"I don't mean any harm to you. None of us want that. Let us help you, okay?" Magnus said carefully. She frowned and shook her head. I looked behind her and noticed that Alec was slowly approaching her. He stayed quiet so that she didn't notice.

"I don't need any help. I'm fine." she said, holding the knife in the air. Alec, who was now right behind her, used this moment to take the knife from her. Startled, she turned.

"What was your plan? To stab the three with this knife? They would have killed you before." Alec said, closed the knife and put it in his pocket. I grinned amused. It probably didn't go the way she had imagined. She crossed her arms.

"You wouldn't have hurt me." she said firmly. Did she really bet on it? Alec frowned and looked at her unbelievably. "I can also fight well without a weapon." she said and took a swing to hit Alec, who stopped her with his hand. She wasn't that strong. "Fuck." she said and pulled her hand back.

"Give it up, little girl. You lost." I said now, whereupon the girl gave her an angry look. She was a really rude teenager. Is that what you call puberty? Wait, do I have to deal with this later on too?

"Shut up, you whore." she replied angrily. Wow, that was really mean. This child should learn how to deal with people. My jaw dropped and no one could blame me for that.

"Hey, watch out what you say." I heard Elliott say, who was now also in the circle. The girl turned and now Elliott's angry look wasn't so angry anymore. It was almost as if he knew her. The girl was also initially silent. The others and I looked at each other in confusion because it was pretty weird and not easy to understand. "Joelle?" Elliott said now, whereupon my heart also had a little dropout. Joelle? Like his little sister Joelle?

"Elli?" Joelle asked now too. No, this couldn't be. What would Elliott's little sister have to do with it? "What are you doing here?" she asked in amazement.

"I could ask you the same thing." he said. Elliott didn't seem to understand all of this. Nobody here could understand that. Magnus and Blake certainly not, because the two knew nothing of Joelle. I couldn't see the look on her face, but I was sure that he looked a lot like Elliott's.

El slowly took a few steps on her and wanted to hug her, but she stepped back. She shook her head while Elliott seemed rather surprised. I was also surprised. After all, she should be happy to see him, shouldn't she?

"Don't touch me." she said protectively. He frowned. What was wrong? I thought the two had a good relationship.

"What?" he asked in surprise. He didn't really seem to understand either. Nobody understood anything. "You shouldn't be here." Elliott said. He was right there. Why was she here? It didn't make any sense. She was only sixteen when I remembered correctly.

"You know each other?" Blake asked in surprise. El looked up and then nodded. "Okay, so is it just me that is confused?" Blake asked, and Magnus shook his head. Elliott had never told the two his story.

"This is my sister, Joelle." he introduced her. "Joelle, that's Blake, Magnus and Alec, my best friends." he explained to her, pointing to everyone. "And that's Celine, my girlfriend." he admitted and pointed at me. She looked at me pejoratively. I smiled a little though, because now it was all a little embarrassing.

"She's your girlfriend? Are you serious?" she asked in surprise. I didn't like her tone. It sounded quite pejorative. "You could do so much better." She said. Wow thanks? She was really arrogant, but I wouldn't say that to Elliott.

"Joelle! Don't be mean." he said, speaking to her as if he were her father. From that point of view, it was almost like that. He had almost raised her. He had to do it when he was a child.

"You can't tell me anything. You're not my father." said Joelle, with an attitude. I would blame it on puberty, but I think there was more to it than that. The words seemed to hurt Elliott. Even if he tried to swallow it and not show it, I knew that. I knew Elliott well enough by now.

"I would suggest you to come with us first. That would be the best for now." suggested Elliott. Everyone just nodded, because what should we have done? Leaving his little sister alone? She was probably one of them and that was dangerous. We couldn't leave her to her fate. She stepped back and shook her head immediately.

"No! I'm not coming with you. I don't want to be with your stupid gang. I already have one!" she refused. Was she serious? Did she mean the nightchildren who want to wipe us out? I mean, shouldn't she care that her brother was in danger?

"The Nightchildren? Do you really think they care about you if they sent you here on your own?" Alec asked now, because Elliott seemed too hurt to say anything. I could understand him too. Joelle swallowed. "They did, didn't they? They sent you here to hurt us, didn't they?" Alec asked, seeming to know what this gang was up to.

"You don't know what you're talking about." answered Joelle. Why was she so stubborn? I didn't know what that gang was like, but if it was like the Mortal East Side, nobody cares about it. Only the leader had to be protected, the rest didn't matter.

"No, little girl, believe me. They don't care about you. You can go back and wait for the next time to send you to your death, or you can come and be safe for now." Alec explained. Now I understood what he meant. They had sent Joelle here because they thought we would murder them. They had a plan.

"But that doesn't mean that I'm a part of your dirty gang." she said and looked at all of us. I wanted to leave a comment, but I was an adult. I should pull myself together.

Together we made our way back home, because Joelle could possibly give us a lot more information than we could find here. That was good because it would put an end to it all and I could concentrate fully on the child, Elliott and myself.