Sure, why not.

Hey, first of all, Thank you for 1.000 reads! It's been some rough days and my life is not so pretty at this moment. I decided to quit my job so now I got nothing. I'd love to do something with writing but I don't know how or what. It's really hard. I hope you're all fine! ❤️
__________________________

When I got to the police station, there were surprised looks on me. I was known and it was rare for me to actually be here. At first everything seemed very uncomfortable until Lydia came up to me with a smile. She hugged me.

"Magnus! What are you doing here? I'm glad to see you!" she said. I smiled and let go of her. Lydia Branwell was nice and really lovely. I had known her for a long time. We weren't friends, we were work colleagues, but I liked her a lot. "Weird, Celine was here recently." she let me know. Yes, and for the same reason as I.

"Yes, possible, because of the murder, right?" I asked acting. I knew why she was there but I didn't want to seem suspicious. She nodded with a smile. "I thought so. I'm actually here for Aline, is she there?" I asked curiously. Lydia seemed to think for a moment and then nodded.

"I think so. Her shift started ten minutes ago, so she should already be here. Her office is up there." she said and pointed to a door. I thanked her and went to this door. I knocked.

"Come in." I heard Aline say. I opened it and saw that she was sitting at her table and was busy with something. When she saw me, she smiled. I didn't know Aline very well, almost not at all. We rarely talked to each other, but I think she's nice. At least that was how I remembered her. "Magnus Bane?" she asked with a smile. I nodded. At least she knows me. „What are you doing here?" she asked in surprise.

"I wanted to talk to you." I said. She nodded and pointed to a chair on which I took a seat. She put away the pen she was using recently and concentrated on me. Very kind of her, I thought. "Much to do?" I asked with interest. Of course she had a lot to do, after all they have a crime to solve. She nodded.

"Yes, you've already heard about the new case." she explained to me. "By the way, Lydia had told me that Lorenzo didn't inform you. I'm sorry, but you know what he is like." she said. Oh, yes I knew that. He wanted to solve the case on his own, so that he is sought and at the top. He always did.

"Yes, I heard about it. Do you already know more about the case and the suspect?" I asked curiously. She shrugged her shoulders. Maybe they are stuck and don't know exactly what happened themselves.

"Not really, we do have a suspect who has already been arrested. We're pretty sure he's the murderer, but it will take some time before we can actually convict him." she told me. That was good because it means more time for us.

"Why don't the media know about it yet?" I asked. I was very interested in that. Such a case is fresh food, which everyone wants to eat. Why didn't the media know?

"Lorenzo wants to keep everything secret for some reason. Most don't even know that this woman is dead. I don't know why he keeps everything so closed. He usually likes all the media that wants to interview him." she explained to me. That was true. He enjoyed the attention. "But well, maybe it is better that way at first. At some point he will reveal something. I'm not even allowed to tell you much more." She said. Yes, I hoped there was still time.

"Is that why you came here?" she asked confused. What should I say now? Yes? No? Why should I be so interested in the case when I'm not involved? Okay Magnus, come up with something.

"No, well yes, but I actually wanted to ask you if we should go have a drink sometime?" I asked. Maybe I could find out more. I think something is wrong and she definitely knew something about it. She frowned and grinned.

"You want to ask me on a date?" she asked laughing. I shook my head. That was not what I meant. I wouldn't date her just to get information.

"No, I am asking you about a nice evening with one of your colleagues. We have never met and talked, which is a shame." I said. She looked at me skeptically.

"Yes, that's because we never really got to work together. I mean, maybe we see each other once every three months. How did you came up with this idea?" she asked confused. Oh shit, what do I say now? God, lying was exhausting.

"I saw you on the street recently and thought that maybe we should get to know each other. I mean having a few more friends who have the same job would be great." I improvised. She laughed and then nodded. Yikes, that was close.

"Sure, why not. How about tomorrow evening?" she asked and I nodded in delight. „Will you pick me up?" she asked and I nodded, although I didn't know exactly where she lived.

"Sure, that's how a real man should do it." I said and she laughed. "I just need your address. Oh and your number." I said, because I didn't have that either. She took a piece of paper and a pen and wrote everything down.

"Tomorrow, 6pm. I'm looking forward to it." she said and gave me this note. I thanked her and got up. "I'll see you, Magnus." she said and I nodded. I said goodbye and went out of her office.

Well then, I got it. At least that's how I would be closer to the case. I felt a little bad like I was taking advantage of her. Well, theoretically I was, but it wasn't entirely a lie. I would love to be friends with her, but I never had a reason before. Not that you really need a reason, but in this case I did.

"Did you just get Aline's number?" Lydia asked before I wanted to go. I laughed and nodded. „I didn't expect that she would do that." she said with a grin.

"We only meet for a drink. As friends." I said and she nodded, grinning. "What do you mean you didn't expect that? Why shouldn't she give me her number? Am I so hideous?" I asked and she laughed.

"You'll notice what I mean." she said. Um, okay. "Have a good time." she said. I thanked her and made my way back to work. Weird.