Why didn't you tell me?

The door opened and it was Celine and Elliott who entered the apartment together. Elliott picked her up from the police station because he didn't want Celine to walk around alone at night. That was understandable after what happened last time. It just wasn't safe at the moment.

Celine smiled broadly when she saw Alec sitting next to me and Blake at the table. We had already prepared dinner because we could discuss everything directly during the meal. We had to tell Alec a lot.

"Oh, Alec, I missed you so much, my sassy boy." said Celine, greeting Alec. He laughed and got up so he could hug Celine. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there personally when the others picked you up, but duty called." she said and released him. Alec smiled.

"Oh, don't worry, I wasn't expecting you and Magnus anyway." he admitted. That was probably true. "And I missed you too." he replied. Celine nodded and looked at the table that was set. We had ordered pizza, because we all didn't want to cook.

"Oh my god, I love you all. I'm so craving, it's unbearable." Celine said when she discovered the pizzas. We laughed and everyone sat around the table. Everyone took a piece of pizza, of all kinds. We had salami, ham with corn and cheese pizza. The varieties that everyone liked.

I had missed that. Just sit together and have dinner. Alec has always been missing the last few days, but now he was finally back. Everyone enjoyed their pizza and was silent for the time being until Alec cleared his throat.

"So what did I miss?" Alec asked after swallowing the pizza in his mouth. Now we would have to tell him everything. Actually, he also had a lot to tell us.

"It's the Nightchildren who wanted to blame the murder to you. We know that now because they attacked us when Magnus and I were together at the crime scene." Blake explained. He missed all of that. He missed that we found the chain there, and that I was almost strangled there. "They also attacked Celine when she was on her way home." he added. They were targeting all of us, not just Alec.

"They attacked you? Why? The Nightchildren never started a fight with us. They always followed the rules." Alec noted. I didn't know everything about this gang, but I didn't understand that either. Why did they only attack our gang now? What have Celine and I got to do with it if we haven't been there for the past three years?

"I don't know, mate." interjected Elliott. "But you definitely have to tell us what happened that night. Why were your fingerprints on the murder weapon?" asked he. That would interest me too. It was almost impossible. Alec sat back and sighed.

"As I told you, I brought this woman home. She was afraid, which was why I accompanied her to her house, so there were traces of me in the house. I went into the kitchen and took a knife, which I gave her so that she could defend herself in case something happened. So my fingerprints came on the knife. I didn't think about that, it was stupid. " he explained to us. Wow, I couldn't have guessed that.

"And why didn't you say you are innocent when you were arrested? You didn't murder her." I asked confused. That interested me the most. He could have been convicted of a murder he did not commit. Alec ran a hand through his hair.

"I didn't murder her, but I didn't save her either!" he said and I looked at him confused. "When I was on my way home, I saw a woman with a man. That seemed very suspicious to me, especially because they were going in the direction I came from." he noted.

"They went to the woman's house." Celine noted. He nodded. Now I knew what it was about and why.

"I knew something was wrong, but I didn't run back. I can't tell you why. When I found out that she was dead, I felt so guilty. I could have protected her." he said a little sad. I sighed and put my hand on his, which was on the table. He looked up and I shook my head.

"It's not your fault. You couldn't know." I assured him, but he shrugged. I understood why he felt guilty. I would probably feel guilty in such a situation, but in the end it wasn't his fault.

"I know, I know, but it feels that way." he answered. I sighed and stroked the back of his hand with my thumb. I couldn't take that feeling away from him, but I could be there for him. "But at least they have the real murderer now." he said and nodded. Yes, he was right, because otherwise they would now run around freely.

"But Magnus' colleague wasn't exactly innocent either." said Elliott now. I nodded, because if anyone else had led the case, Jessica Smith would have been one of the suspects. "He manipulated the evidence because he knew about you and Magnus. You know, he hates Magnus and he took his chance." he explained to Alec. Alec seemed pretty confused.

"Wait, are you having problems with your job now?" Alec wanted to know. I swallowed hard. I didn't want to tell Alec at all, but I couldn't get around that.

"Um, I don't have a job anymore." I said and Alec's eyes widened. He sat up and looked at me in shock. I knew he would react that way. "It is important that we find out why this gang hates you." I said before Alec could say anything about the job. Blake nickte.

"Yes, but I would say that we will continue to take care of it tomorrow. There is not much we can do today anyway." Blake said. I nodded and got up. I gathered up all the dirty plates and put them away while Elliott cleared the pizza boxes.

As soon as the kitchen was clean and I had a shower, I went into Alexander's bedroom. There Alec was already in bed with a book in hand. Since only Elliott and I took care of the kitchen, Alexander already had time to take a shower. He was watching me as I changed to comfortable clothes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Alec asked while I put on one of Alec's sweatpants. I found his to be much more pleasant than mine. I sighed and Alec got up. I was standing with my back to him, so I couldn't look at him.

"I did." I answered. It wasn't one of the first things I told him, but I had told him. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw that he was standing right in front of me. "It's not a big deal." I let him know. He frowned and looked at me as if I had said something offensive.

"No big deal? You lost your job, Magnus, because of me." he noted. I rolled my eyes and went back to the bathroom to escape this conversation, but Alec grabbed my wrist. I knew from the start that Alec wouldn't take it how it was. "No, we're gonna talk about it now." he said pissed off and I sighed.

It was already dark outside and I was actually pretty tired. I just wanted to sleep in Alec's arms, but that wouldn't happen until I cleared it up with him. I looked into his eyes and he let go of my wrist.

"Listen, I didn't just lose my job like that. I had a choice of either you or my job. You don't seriously think I would have chosen my job?" I asked. Alec's look softened. "It's okay, believe me." I meant.

"That's exactly why you shouldn't have been involved in the first place." he said and now I was the one who frowned. I crossed my arms.

"Aren't you glad I'm back here? Aren't you glad you're back from prison?" I asked confused and a little bit pissed off. Alec shook his head and sighed. He took a step towards me and put his two hands on my shoulders.

"Of course I am glad that you are back and I am also extremely thankful that you got me out of there, but I have the feeling that I am ruining your life." he said desperately. Now I understood what he meant. He just didn't want me to give up my life for him. I put a hand on his cheek and stroked it.

"Alexander, I'm just so damn glad you are back. Fuck this job, I'll find a new one. I don't care as long as you're here." I said with a small smile. I put my lips on his and kissed him gently. He sighed contentedly and when I broke away he smiled too. "Let's go to bed?" I asked and he nodded.

This time everything felt different. Kind of a lot more grown up. We argue, but make up for it right away. We both know how much we have and how much we mean to each other. The relationship is much stronger than before and I think it's a good start.

We lay down in bed and Alec wrapped his arms around me. It's been ages since the last time I fell asleep in his arms.