They saved me.

I left the building and went to Elliott's car, which was still in front of the police station. He had been waiting, I thought that was really cute. I opened the car door and got in. He smiled at me.

"How was it?" he asked curiously. Elliott was always very curious. I noticed that back then, because he wanted to know everything about me. It didn't bother me, I even thought it was good. It showed that he was interested.

"Easier than I thought." I admitted. "I now know that Lorenzo Ray and Aline Penhallow are leading the case and that they found traces of Alec in the dead woman's apartment and on the woman." I explained. Elliott sighed and leaned back. He didn't seem to have expected that. I didn't either.

"If only we knew what actually happened." he said and I shrugged my shoulders. That would actually help us a lot.

"Do you think it could have been him?" I asked. He shook his head immediately. I thought so, so I immediately felt sorry for asking.

"I've known Alec for years. He'd never kill someone who didn't want to kill him or his friends. Never. Especially not a woman." he said. I nodded. I knew that, but it was all so confusing. Nobody knew what happened.

"You said that these guys touched the woman, didn't you?" I asked. He nodded. "Why didn't they find their traces?" I asked myself. Elliott shrugged. That was really weird.

"Maybe they were wearing gloves. I can't tell you, we didn't pay attention to that." he said. That would explain the whole thing. That is of course very unfortunate for Alec. "I'm driving you to work now. I'm sure you absolutely want to tell Magnus." he said. I smiled. I knew Magnus would appreciate any information that could help him getting Alec out of there.

"I just feel sorry for him. I mean, he still loves Alec and yet he can't see him." I explained. "I also miss Alec, even if he was always a bit salty. He was lovingly." I explained and Elliott nodded as he drove off.

"You know, Alec is like my guardian angel." admitted Elliott. I looked at him and listened to him. "I never really had a family. My father left us when my little sister was born, he wasn't a good man, and my mother was addicted to drugs." he explained to me. I frowned and put my hand on his thigh.

Elliott never really told me about his family. He told me about his past that he made many mistakes, but he never told me why or how it actually happened. I also didn't know he had a sister. I was glad that he finally told me and opened up. It meant a lot to me.

"I have always looked after my sister. She was six years younger than me, so she would be sixteen now. I cooked and took care of her for years. My mother was never here and if, then always with some Guy. I had to raise my sister." he explained to me.

"That must have been terrible." I said and he shrugged. Of course he had his eyes on the street. I felt sorry for him. I didn't even know what he has been through.

"I loved my sister and I loved taking care of her. Sometimes I just wished I had a real mother or a dad, you know?" he asked and I nodded. "One day the youth welfare office was at the door. At the time, I was just 17 an she was eleven. They took my sister, but not me. I was old enough to take care of myself, and that worked in the beginning." he explained to me. I still listened to every word he said.

"My mother was arrested. Since then I have never seen her again. I should live alone because I had a mini job and I made good money. I had a lot of things stolen. I also stole at the coffee-shop I worked at, which was why I lost my job and my apartment because I couldn't pay for it anymore. " he explained to me. "I was alone. Young, without money and on the street." he let me know. That sounded hard.

"And then Alec came?" I asked and he nodded with a smile. "He took you in, didn't he?" I asked.

"Yes, him and Blake. They saved me. The two were the family I never had. They were like my parents, even if that might sound strange." he said. I shook my head. He parked because we were there. Now he looked at me. He seemed to have tears in his eyes. His eyes were a little glassy, but he smiled honestly. "Alec is a good person. He doesn't deserve to be locked up and I know we'll get him out of there." he said. I nodded with a smile. Of course we would.

I put my hand on his cheek and leaned forward to kiss him gently. He put his hand on mine and stroked it. The moment was intense because he had opened up. After our lips parted again, I smiled at him.

"You definitely have to tell me more about your sister tonight." I said and he laughed softly. Then he nodded. "Thank you for telling me. It means a lot to me." I admitted.

"Only Alec knows. Not even Blake knows about my family." he said and that made my heart melt. I was glad that he trusted me because I also trusted him. I felt a tingling sensation in my stomach. No, an explosion. He meant so much to me. How had I endured without him for so long? "You have to go in now. Otherwise Magnus is worried." he said and I smiled.

Before I got out, I kissed him on the cheek. He drove back to the apartment. We would meet there again tonight. Magnus' house was bigger, but I think Magnus wants to sleep in Alec's bed and I understood that. We would only get a few things today.

I went to Magnus' office without knocking, of course, because Magnus doesn't know me any other way. He was sitting at his desk, on which were two cups of coffee. At least, he thought of me.

"Hey, did you find out anything?" he asked curiously. I nodded, sat down and snatched my cup of coffee. Before I answered I took two more sips, but regretted it because the coffee was still very hot. Ouch. My tongue was burning.

"As if the whole thing wasn't hard enough, our best friend Lorenzo Ray is the leader, along with Aline Penhallow." I let him know. He leaned back with a sigh and swore under his breath. Understandable. "In addition, Lydia told me that Lorenzo said he had already informed us." I said. He frowned. It was a lie, obviously.

"But he didn't, that son of a bitch." Magnus noticed. I nodded. Magnus hated him more than anyone. Magnus was never actually a hateful person, but it was an exception with Lorenzo. "Maybe I can start with Aline." he said. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him skeptical.

"How?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe with my charm?" he said. I laughed. Well if he said so. As long as it helps us.

"So as long as you don't sleep with her, I'm okay with it." I said and he grinned. Somehow we have to get there to find out exactly and Lorenzo will definitely not be cooperative.