If you really want me to.

"So tell me, what do you mean by Lorenzo protects this case a lot?" I asked interestedly after she drank her second martini. She wasn't drunk, I called it tipsy. She didn't seem to be able to handle a lot of alcohol. She frowned.

"Are you trying to get information?" she wanted to know. Oh shit, what should I say now? Yes? No? Actually yes but I couldn't say that, could I? She started to laugh. "I'm just kidding." She said and I thought damn, thank god. "Well, I find the thing with the media very strange. Nobody knows about it and usually they do. He also doesn't talk about it to anyone except me and not even necessarily me." she explained to me and this was indeed strange.

"Don't you want to find out why he's so closed off about this case?" I asked curiously, but she shrugged. I mean, if Celine suddenly behaved like this, I would also investigate what could be the reason. What did Lorenzo have to do with this case?

"Honestly, I don't really care. I'm sure that this is Alex, or whatever the name was, is the  murderer. The case will be done soon." she explained to me and anger came up in me. I wasn't angry with Aline because she couldn't know, but I was angry with the person who actually killed this woman. It wasn't Alec and he couldn't be punished for it.

I just wondered how Lorenzo was connected to this case. Was it because of the dead woman or was it because of Alexander? Why should he be interested in Alexander? What would he have to do with him? Maybe the dead woman was his girlfriend or a close friend. Who knows.

„What makes you so sure about that?" I wanted to know. The traces? Or was it the way he acted? What made him seem guilty?

„We found his fingerprints on the knife the woman was killed with. Plus on the woman. It's pretty obvious, isn't it?" she asked. I didn't know this at all. How did his fingerprints get on the knife, I wondered. That's not possible. That was bad, really bad.

"I wouldn't punish him until it's sure he did it." I explained to her because that would be horrible. Alexander just didn't deserve that. She took the last sip of her martini and sighed.

"Yeah, whatever." she answered. "Or maybe Lorenzo just takes care of it on his own. In a few weeks the trial will happen anyway and this idiot doesn't even have a lawyer." She said. Did she call him an idiot? Where should he get one from? He couldn't just afford one, but he obviously needed one. Okay, I would have to take care of that too. "You know Magnus, actually you're nice and all that, but I'm not really that interested in you." she said now which caused me to frown. Wow, that was straightforward.

"Oh, okay. I mean, I just wanted to have a drink with a work colleague, but-"

"No, actually you just wanted to find out more about this case because you don't want Lorenzo to be the hero, but don't worry, I don't want Lorenzo to be the hero either. He's such an ass." she said now and I swallowed hard. Was it so obvious? The martini's seemed to show very well. "But I actually meant that I'm not interested in you because I like women. Above all, your colleague." she admitted whereupon I smiled surprised. Well, I didn't expect that. That's probably what Lydia meant the other day.

"Celine?" I asked and she made a shocked face. She shook her head.

"No, I mean the blonde one. Helen." she said. Oh, right, Helen. I grinned, interesting. "And since you took advantage of me, you owe me something. Call her and ask if you can meet in the pandemoneum. I'd like to talk to her." she said. I laughed. Wow, that took a turn.

"If you really want me to." I said. The pandemonium. I haven't been there for a long time. I never could because of Alexander. I was afraid that I would fall in my memories, but I had no choice.

So I actually called Helen. We weren't close friends, but she didn't seem to mind a bit of partying. She would be at the pandemonium in an hour, and Aline would be there too. Well, at least I could have make two soulmates meet.

We had arrived half an hour later. The music was loud and there were quite a few people here. I remembered the first time I met Alec here. It was almost magical. We squeezed through the crowd and went to the bar. Aline was about to order another drink, but I stopped her.

"No, if you want to seem charming, you'd better not drink anything anymore." I meant. She sighed in disappointment, but realized that it would be stupid to talk to Helen completely drunk.

"Thanks for calling her. You don't have to wait here. You can always leave if you want, I'll take a taxi or who knows, maybe I'll leave with Helen." she explained with a grin. I laughed. That would be an successful evening then.

"I'm sorry I asked you about the case. It was just important to me. I hope I can trust you." I explained and she nodded with a smile. Aline was actually really nice. I think a friendship could develop because we weren't that different.

"Don't worry. I wish I could tell you more, but I don't know that much myself. As I said, Lorenzo handles this case more himself." she explained and I nodded. So I had no choice but to find out more in some way.

"Oh, there she is. I'll see you." she said and took off. In fact, Helen was just entering the club and was immediately approached by Aline. Helen looked at me in surprise, but I just grinned. The two started a conversation. You did great, Magnus, I thought. I turned to the bar with a smile.

"Why so alone?" I heard someone say next to me. My heart stopped for a moment and I really thought I was going to have a heart attack. I looked to the side and saw a man with black hair and for a second I actually thought it was Alexander who spoke to me. I stared at this guy. I noticed his eyes. They were brown, not blue. They were not even half as beautiful as Alec's.

The whole first meeting went through my head. He said the exact same words to me and sat in the exact same chair. Damn it was like a slap in the face. Like a bullet in the heart. I missed him. How could you miss someone so much? It destroyed me.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." I mumbled and stood up. I pushed through the crowd, out of the club. I just wanted to go back. Back in Alexander's bed, where his smell enveloped me and I was closer to him.

I got in the car and drove off. Tears ran down my cheeks. I should never have let him go. I should have stayed with him no matter what it would have cost me because maybe none of that would have happened. I couldn't live without him. I never thought that something like this could happen to me.

I parked the car when I got to the apartment and went inside. It was very late, so everything was dark when I entered it. I could only see a light from the living room. It must have been the TV.

"Magnus, is it you?" I heard Blake ask. Okay, pull yourself together Magnus. Don't show that you cry because that would be embarrassing. I swallowed the pain in my heart and wiped away my tears. "Is everything okay with you?" he asked and I was startled when I noticed that he was standing around the corner and could see me. Damn, why didn't I hear him coming? I nodded.

"Yes, everything is fine. I'm just tired." I replied, taking off my jacket and shoes. That was a lie because I didn't feel okay right now. I wanted Alexander here, but I didn't want to talk to Blake about it because he wouldn't understand and he wouldn't even care.

"Are you sure? I mean-"

"Yes, I just want to go to bed." I said and went to Alec's room. I sighed. I just wanted to go to bed.