Good luck.

Magnus' POV

Celine and I were sitting in my office wondering how to go on. It was all so difficult. How should we find out who killed the woman when I had no evidence? Everything led us to Alec. His fingerprints were everywhere. Why? I couldn't explain it to myself.

It was pretty early, but we had to be there earlier today. Celine was sitting in the chair in front of me, staring straight ahead. She looked a little pale and also very tired. I was tired too, but we had our coffee for that, she just simply hadn't touched hers yet.

"Are you alright?" I asked Celine. She looked up and then nodded. "You look pale. Are you ill?" I wanted to know. She shrugged and sighed.

"I don't know, I feel sick. All this stress is almost unbearable." she answered. Yes that's true. If I didn't sleep in Alec's bed, I probably wouldn't sleep at all. "The necklace." Celine said suddenly. I frowned. "Do you have it with you?" she wanted to know.

"Yes, I have it in my wallet." I replied and took it out. She took it and got up. What was her plan?

"We know that this necklace wasn't the dead woman's one. They didn't see it, which means someone must have lost. Someone who was there after the murder." she explained to me. I nodded. "Luckily we happen to be police officers who can look for fingerprints." she said and suddenly there was a click in my head. She was right. It would definitely be a track.

"Okay, and what should I do?" I asked. Celine sighed and looked at me with that it-must-be look. I didn't like that. "What?" I asked.

"I think you need to talk to Lorenzo." she explained to me. I looked at her in surprise and frowned. Lorenzo? Absolutely not. Why would that help me? "Magnus, we have no choice. Everyone thinks Alexander is the murderer and they don't even think it could be someone else. The trial is soon. I wanted to avoid it, but there is no other way." she let me know. I sighed and rubbed my hair.

She was right. I had no choice. I had to do it for Alexander. I had to convince Lorenzo that Alec wasn't the one they are looking for. He must know, or at least hear it once. I got up and nodded.

"Okay, I'll do it." I said and she smiled a little. "I'm going and you're checking for fingerprints." I said and she nodded again. Well, let's get started. I left my police station and got in my car.

I made my way to Lorenzo, who hopefully had a shift today. If not, that would be very disadvantageous. After a while I was there. I parked my car and entered the building. Everyone was at work, even if it was early. Some people have been here to report a crime or whatever.

I saw Aline approaching me with a smile. I opened my arms and hug her tightly. I hadn't seen her or messaged her since the pandemonium, but I noticed that she was definitely a nice person. I let go of her and smiled at her.

"Hey, nice to see you." I greeted her. "I see you already have your hands full here." I noticed and she nodded with a sigh. We didn't have that much going on. At that point it was good because I had to take care of Alexander, but under normal circumstances I would be jealous.

"Yes, it starts again." she said exhausted. "By the way, I wanted to thank you. It worked out really well with Helen and we have a real date tomorrow night." she explained to me. I started to smile. I was pleased because I knew that the two would fit together.

"I'm happy for you." I replied and she nodded. "I'm actually here for Lorenzo. I'd like to talk to him about this case." I admitted and she frowned.

"This case really seems to interest you." She said. Yes, that was true. "I'm not sure if Lorenzo will talk to you about it. As I said, he's closed." She said. I nodded. I was aware of that, but I had no choice. It was the only way.

"I found something out that I would like to tell him. I don't think Alec is the murderer." I said and she looked at me rather confused.

"Alec?" she asked. Oh, maybe I shouldn't be talking about him like I know him. I mean yes, I know him, but nobody should know that.

"Uh, yes, the suspect. Alexander Lightwood." I repeated. She seemed skeptical, but nodded. I couldn't blame her for being skeptical. How should I be so interested in this case that I would even talk to Lorenzo about it? Unfortunately, I couldn't tell her the truth.

"He's in his office. Good luck." she said and I nodded my thanks. I knocked on his door until I heard "Come in".

I opened the door and as soon as he saw me I noticed his eyes on me. There was also a grin, but not a friendly one. He hated me and everyone knew that. He made no secret of it.

"Magnus Bane, that's very... surprising." he said and got up. Lorenzo was always very lonely. He didn't have many friends, at least that's what you hear. He didn't really make himself popular with the others. His personality was just unbearable. "Why are you here?" he wanted to know.

"Because of the murder you didn't tell me about." I replied, also with a grin. Lorenzo didn't change his expression, but looked at the table instead of looking at me.

"Oh yes, that was a misunderstanding. I would never hide it from them." he said. Liar. Of course he would. He would do anything to be the better one. "But don't worry, the case is almost closed. I will inform the media tonight." he said. Now? Why only now?

"Why did you wait so long?" I wanted to know, because it didn't make sense to me. If he will inform the media today, the first article will be available by tomorrow morning or even earlier. People will know. I also had to call Maira. Shit.

"Oh, I wanted to solve the case in peace, although I have to admit that it wasn't that difficult. I mean, we had all fingerprints pretty quickly. The murderer had been caught long ago and now the media can be sure it's him." he explained to me. If he only knew.

"I wanted to talk to you about that. I don't think Alexander Lightwood is the murderer. You have his fingerprints, but I also worked a little bit on it. There was someone else in the house." I explained to him. "The woman had previously been sexually harassed by some men and Alec Lightwood had brought this woman home safely. That explains why the fingerprints were in the apartment and on the woman." I let him know. He looked at me with anger. Jealousy also seemed to be there.

"How do you want to know?" he asked. "Why do you interfere in a case that you have nothing to do with? How did you know the woman was sexually harassed? Alec Lightwood never testified that." he said. I wouldn't know if I didn't know Blake and Elliott, but I couldn't tell him that. "Besides, that doesn't explain the fingerprints on the murder weapon." he said. He was right there.

"I did research. I can tell you one thing. Alexander Lightwood had not murdered this woman. So if you punish him as, you will punish someone innocent." I said. Lorenzo then laughed. Why did he laugh?

"Oh, funny what love can do to you." he said now. What?