Did you tell him?

Blake's POV

Elliott was preparing breakfast for everyone while I was sitting at the table, going through the newspaper. Joelle was on the sofa doing things on her phone like most people her age do. Celine and Alec were still in bed and I was pretty sure that Alec wouldn't leave his bed for the next days anyway. I could only imagine how he felt right now. Losing the one person you loved the most is the hardest thing someone will ever have to experience. I know that because I have been through that and I still haven't recovered.

It might get easier from time to time but it never gets easy. In the beginning, every single thought that includes them will tear you apart and there was no way not to think about them. There are always one your mind, when you eat, when you shower, when you work, always. Nothing could stop that, he had to go through that.

Magnus was dead and to be honest, it didn't leave me cold either. Him and I never really had a deep connection with each other but he mattered to me. He was a part of us, he was family. Magnus saved my life and risked his multiple times for us. He died in order to save us. I liked him, I really did, and now I wished I would have told him that. After all we've been through, I miss him a lot. It hurts to not have him here anymore but I had to be strong for Alec and Celine now. They needed someone and Elliott and I will be there.

Everyone looked up when the door opened and Celine came out of the bedroom. She looked exhausted, like she didn't sleep at all, just like Elliott told me. He had to hold her all night to keep her calm. "Good morning." I said and she gave me a small smile, as she sat down next to me. "Joelle, can you set the table?" Elliott asked and with a sigh, Joelle got up and did what her brother asked her to do.

By the time, I believe the relationship between those two get better. Joelle still seems very upset about the past but starts trusting him and all of us. Patience is all that we need, we will give her time. "Is someone gonna check on Alec?" Joelle wanted to know, like she actually cared about him. I found that sweet to be honest, so I nodded and got up. He probably didn't want to eat but just a quick check-up.

I knocked at the door multiple times but got no answer. First, I thought I should just leave because he didn't want to be bothered, but as his best friend, I needed to see how he was doing, so I slowly opened the door. The room was dark and at first I didn't see anything but when the light from the hall lightened the room up, I saw that Alec wasn't here. Confused, I turned on the light and saw, that his bed was empty, just a letter on it. I already had a bad feeling about this before reading it.

A little bit scared, I reached for the letter and began to read:

I need to get revenge. Magnus is dead and it's Liam's fault. Liam needs to die and I shall burn in hell if I'm not the one who ends his life. I know how dumb and dangerous this is, which is why I'm going alone. I couldn't risk putting you guys in danger, so I need to do this by myself. If anything happens, you need to know that I am thankful for everything you guys have done for me and I am sorry I just let you behind. I know we said that we would never just leave but I can't keep doing this anymore, not now that Magnus is dead. I am sorry.
- Alec

While I was reading this, I got worried, mad and sad at once. He was out of his mind, he wasn't thinking clearly. He was mad and hurt and he didn't know how to handle all these emotions, he never knew but this mission was a suicide mission and he knew that, he just didn't care. All I knew was that I had to help my best friend.

Quickly I turned around and ran to the others with the letter in my hand. They all looked at me confused. "Alec left to kill Liam." I stated which made everyone get up. I slammed the letter at the table and Celine was the first one to grab it. "What? Is he out of his mind? He'll get himself killed!" Joelle said upset and I nodded. Everyone knew we had to stop him because we couldn't lose another one of us.

"He's probably out looking for him. We gotta get Alec before Liam does." Celine said out loud after reading the letter. Again, I nodded and Elliott immediately grabbed his car keys saying: "I will get the car, get ready!"

Later as we were driving around, trying to find Alec, we kept discussing where to look for him. It was hard because none of us knew where Liam was, neither did Alec but still, he seemed to have some sort of plan where he could be.

„What about the woods? I mean maybe he thought that the gang was still looking for us because that was the last time they saw us there?" Celine asked but I shook my head. The gang wasn't that stupid, they knew we wouldn't go back to the woods.

„He is probably in some streets looking for someone." Elliott answered and that made way more sense. We were driving around but couldn't quite find him till we saw someone laying on the floor, bleeding.

We stopped the car and ran to this person but it wasn't Alec, as we thought he was, it was one of Liam's people. He was hurt, stabbed I believed.

I knelt down, he was still breathing, his eyes were open but he struggled a lot. „What happened?" I asked as I put off my jacket to press it on the wound. He wasn't one of us, no he was one of Liam's but he needed help, so I tried to help at least a little.

„O-One of you, Alex, he-he threatened to stab me if I wouldn't tell him where Liam was. H-He actually did, man, h-he actually did." the guy told me while his eyes were almost closing. Alec was here, Alec did that.

„Did you tell him?" I asked him hurriedly but he started to breathe even more heavily. „Call down, keep breathing and stay awake. Did you tell him?" I needed to know. I still pressed my jacket on his wound to stop the bleeding but it didn't seem to help a lot. The guy nodded which meant, that Alec knew where Liam was and that wasn't good at all. „Where is he? Where's Liam?" I asked him but he shook his head.

„W-Why would I h-help you?" he asked me and I frowned. „Because I'm sitting here trying to save your fucking life!" I snapped and now he seemed to get my point. His eyes got heavier and heavier.

„He's at... h-he's at.." he couldn't finish his sentence because his eyes closed and he stopped breathing. „Fuck! Come on!" I said as I leaned back full of disappointment. Alec knew where Liam was which made all of this even worse. He was gonna die if we weren't gonna find him.