Oh, come on.

Hello! Sorry, I missed my upload day again. I'v been quite busy the past few days since I started my new intership. I'm now working with kids again and after that I spend time with my closest friend. I didn't get to write in ages and that worries me a little. Hope y'all ain't mad & hope y'all had a great day. <3
_______________________________

I was awakened by soft noises coming from the bedroom. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to get used to the blinding light in my room. I sat up and rubbed my eyes to speed up the process. After blinking a few times, I could see that Alec was the one who made the noise by stuffing some things into a bag.

"Good Morning?" I said in surprise because I didn't understand exactly what he was doing. Now I could feel my sore elbow and a slight burning sensation on my hands. Great, of course my painkillers no longer worked. I sighed softly in pain.

"Are you okay?" Alec asked worried and immediately dropped everything. He came up to me, but I shook my head. It was cute how he took care of me. "Your wounds?" he asked and I nodded. How long would that hurt?

"Yeah, um, could you bring me the painkillers? They're in the bathroom." I asked him. He nodded and immediately hurried to the bathroom. It wasn't long before he came out with a box of pills and a glass of water. He handed it to me and I thanked him. I swallowed one of these tablets, hoping it would work soon. "What you up to?" I asked, pointing to the pile of clothes.

"I'm packing, we have to move today. It's too dangerous to stay here." he explained and got up again to press the things further into his pockets. He seemed pretty tired and his hair was a mess. Maybe he slept as badly as I did.

I almost forgot that we had to move. I wish we could stay here and not have to hide, but it was better that way. Being in danger all the time wasn't a solution. I didn't want to be scared all the time. I slowly turned my legs to one side so I could stand up. Alec watched me carefully.

"Most of it is already packed. We'll be leaving soon." mentioned Alec, whereupon I nodded. The few bruises I had seemed to make themselves felt, because just standing alone brought me pain. They were bearable, but unpleasant nonetheless. "Blake is here already. He's fine, a few bruises, but it'll be fine." he explained. That was good, at least not much had happened to him.

"We'll take a taxi right?" I wanted to know, for fear of getting into one of our cars. Seen that way, there was only Alec, Blake and Elliott's, but something could be sabotaged there, too. We weren't safe, never. Alec shook his head, "Just one, Elliott checked the car. Everything was fine." No, I definitely didn't want that. We needed one Taxi either way, because not all of us could fit into one car but we shouldn't take any car at all.

Maybe I was paranoid, but such an accident wasn't easy to deal with. I couldn't just get back into a car that I didn't trust. It didn't matter if Elliott checked it, because maybe he just made a mistake. I didn't want to put anyone in danger.

"What if Elliott missed something? Let's take a taxi, please." I asked Alec, who sighed and took a step towards me. He put his hands on my waist and kissed me on the cheek. He replied, "If you feel better, we'll do it that way." I nodded with a small smile. It meant a lot to me that he cared for me and listened to my needs.

After Alec helped me change and we finished packing the bags, we left the bedroom for the last time. It wasn't anything special so I wouldn't miss it but having to hide was never nice. In the living room everyone was already sitting on the sofa. Joelle stared at her cell phone, Elliott was talking to Celine and Blake grinned while watching TV. Everything seemed pretty normal.

"Finished?" Alec asked, which drew everyone's attention. They nodded, got up, picked up their bags, and set off. "Magnus asked me to call a taxi, so we will. The car is not safe." he explained to the others when we finally left the apartment.

"Wow, you must have wrapped your best friend around your finger. He'll do everything for you." Joelle commented, which made me smile. Even Alec turned to her in amazement. Best friends? Do we really seem like best friends? I giggled softly and she asked, "What?"

"What makes you think we're best friends?" Alec wanted to know as he walked on. She seemed very confused. Alec and I were very close, but we hadn't kissed in front of her and no one had mentioned it until now. How should she know that? Still, I was surprised because I didn't think about what she was thinking.

"Oh come on, when Magnus called you about the accident you freaked out and when you finally got to the hospital with him you literally ran into his arms. I mean, that's only the behavior of best friends or couples," she explained to us just made me smile even more. When she looked at us, it seemed to have clicked in her head. "Wait- are you ..? Oh!" she said, pointing back and forth between the two of us. I laughed softly and shook my head. At least she figured it out on her own.

"You should spend less time on your cell phone, maybe your brain will work a little faster." Alec commented salty, at which point I punched him lightly, although I found it quite funny myself. He raised his arms innocently, and the two taxis we had been waiting for arrived.

We had to order two taxis as there was no place for us. I wasn't sure where we were going, but Blake said he'd already found something. Blake, Elliott, and Celine were in a taxi, as were Alec, Joelle, and me.

Actually, I expected her to ride with the others and Blake with us, but she probably tried to really avoid Elliott and Celine. I wondered if they'd get that sorted out, because they were siblings, after all. She would probably need a little more time.

"You sound like my foster mother, horrible." she replied to Alec's comment as she got into the front of the car. She was only allowed to sit in the front because Alec and I were sitting next to each other. "I should have thought so. Celine was the only woman, somebody has to be gay." she explained. Alec and I looked surprised, but where she was right she was right. We laughed and shook our heads. At least she didn't mind.

After Alec handed over the address Blake gave him, it took about forty minutes for the cab to stop. We all got out together and I couldn't believe my eyes when we stood in front of a house, which seemed pretty. Where did they always get such shelters from? First the luxury apartment in New York and now this one.

The house was painted white and had a lovely front garden with flowers. It seemed well taken care of, who took care of it? Who did this house belong to? It was cozy and had a country house style. As if a happy family lived here. I wouldn't call us a happy family.

"Why did we have such rancid shelters in New Jersey when you could advertise this?" Elliott wanted to know as he looked around with a big grin. Everyone else seemed to be flashed too. It wasn't a villa, but it was a house and that was new. Blake shrugged.

"The house is mine, well, actually my grandparents, but after they died they left it to me." explained Blake. Surprising, because I would probably have sold the house long ago. Who knows, maybe he never got around to it or he saw it as a memory of the grandparents. In any case, it was good for us that he didn't sell the house.