Thank you, God!

Hello! Thank you for your support on the first chapter and that y'all are looking forward to the next second part of their story! I hope y'all are doing
fine!❤️
____________________________

I was in the car and about to start it. It was ten o'clock in the morning and I was on my way to Luigi's cafe because Maira was waiting for me. It was pretty early for a meeting, but I wouldn't be home until late this evening since I'm starting work later.

I thought it would be better to meet before my shift, because I'm not so tired then. Celine was still at home and must take the subway to the police station. After all, I have the car. I had suggested picking her up first, but she said it would be precious time with Maira that I'm wasting.

I was actually looking forward to meeting Maira. She was nice and you could talk to her about anything. It puts you in a good mood and I need it before work. The cafe wasn't too far away, so I was there quickly.

I entered the cafe and I could already see the beautiful smile of Maira. She got up and came up to me. She greeted me and hugged me. I also greeted her and we took a seat. I liked Maira but I didn't know if there could ever be more between us. It didn't feel like it.

"I hope it doesn't stress you too much to meet with me before work." she said kindly. I smiled and shook my head. We both took the menu and looked through it.

"Oh no, I always need a coffee anyway before going to work." I explained. That was true. Most of the time I got it from Luigi anyway, but sometimes from Starbucks. "Are you free today?" I asked interested and she nodded.

Maira was a writer and worked for the most popular newspaper in New Jersey. Almost everyone reads it, even me. I found it really impressive.

"Yes, I will still go looking for a new story today, there is currently nothing going on." She said. She was right there. The waiter came and took our orders. I took a cappuccino and Maira an espresso.

"I noticed that too. There are no more crimes to solve, it's almost creepy." I said and she sighed. "Since when did people get so boring?" I asked, whereupon she laughed.

"We should be glad that nothing bad happens." She said. "Although such a murder would surely do our newspaper good again." she explained. Yes, it would do me good as well. Actually weird to say.

"I think it won't last forever." I replied and she nodded.

"If so, do I at least have a buddy who could give me insider information?" she asked with a grin. I smiled.

"If it's allowed to tell the newspapers, you'll be the first to know from me." I said and she clapped her hands enthusiastically. "How is your mother?" I asked when the waiter came back and brought us our coffee.

"Quite well. I think the new nurse takes good care of her." she explained to me. Maira told me that her mother was demented. It occurred to her quite early and now she has finally hired a nurse. Otherwise, she had always taken care of her.

"That's great." I said, sipping my hot coffee. Maira looked around the cafe with a smile, but suddenly seemed tense. I turned in confusion. I saw a man approaching us.

"Maira, what a surprise." said the unknown man. I gave Maira a confused look, but she focused on this guy. "I see you have a friend here." he said.

"You recognized that wonderfully, my dear." I said with a fake smile. He looked at me rather annoyed. "May I find out who you are?" I asked overly friendly.

"This is Jeremy, my uh.. ex-boyfriend." Maira explained to me. I looked back and forth between the two and continued to smile. "Jeremy, this is Magnus, my-"

"Maira's new boyfriend." I said. She looked at me very surprised, but then grinned. Fine, so I had correctly assessed the situation. He frowned and looked down at me.

"Him? Are you serious?" he asked as if he was something better than me. "I could knock him out with one punch." he said with a grin. I laughed and got up. He seemed to straighten up immediately to seem stronger.

"A threat of violence?" I asked and he nodded proudly. Funny. I took out my police badge. "This is punishable, my dear." I said and his grin faded away. "But I won't report if you go away and leave Maira alone." I explained. He snorted, looked at Maira one last time, and then left the coffee. Oh, I love being a cop. I sat down again and Maira laughed.

"Did you see his face? It was priceless!" she laughed and I smiled too. "Thank you, really. It's been six months, but he's still not over it. He keeps trying to ruin my dates." she explained to me. I thought so.

"I already guessed that. Besides, it's always amusing, so don't worry." I let her know and took the last sip of my coffee.

"And what about you?" she asked. I eyed her in confusion. "Any ex-boyfriend or girlfriends I need to protect you from?" she asked laughing. I grinned.

"No, not really. I've had two relationships in my life." I said. "And well, let's say they are now someone I used to know." I explained. She smiled and nodded. With both of them, I had no idea where they were and what they were doing.

I looked at my watch and realized that I should be going to work. After all, I didn't want to be late.

"I have to go then, but I found it really nice to see you again." I let her know and she nodded. She also took the last sip and put the cup away.

"I see it that way too, maybe we'll repeat that?" she asked with a grin. I smiled and nodded. I had no reason to say no, and she had asked so nicely. Nothing speaks against another coffee. "Perfect! Then I'll get in touch with you!" she said and I nodded.

I paid for her and my coffee, hugged her and left the coffee. I drove to the police station and immediately put on my uniform. I went to my office where Celine was waiting for me. She had that grin on her lips, which I didn't like at all.

"How was it?" she asked. I rolled my eyes with a smile. "Don't roll your eyes like that or they'll fall out." she said, throwing a crumpled ball of paper at me.

"It was good." I said and she looked at me with her 'seriously?' look. "We were talking about unnecessary things, nothing special. Calm down." I said and she sighed.

"But you'll see each other again, right?" she asked and I nodded. "Thank you, God!" she said, looking at the sky. I shook my head laughing.