Come on!

We parked a little further away from the house so that if there were some police officers we wouldn't be noticed. I turned off the engine and looked at Blake, who was unbuckling.

"I would suggest you to stay here first." I said honestly, whereupon he frowned. He shook his head because he couldn't see the sense behind it. "Why should I?" he asked confused. "I didn't come here for nothing!" he said firmly. I didn't understand why he came along at all, I hadn't asked him to do it. He was probably just bored.

"If the police were at work here, I would still have an excuse, but you wouldn't. You can come after if everything is safe, if you have to." I answered. He rolled his eyes but didn't complain. "Give me your phone." I told him. He eyed me in confusion.

„Don't tell me what to do!" he said stubbornly. I frowned. Was he serious now?

"Come on." I repeated „Don't be childish." I added. He seemed offended and then rolled his eyes.

He gave it to me in confusion and I typed in my number. I didn't have anyone's number except Alec's. Well, and Celine's, of course. Somehow we never got to exchange numbers and it was never really necessary, since we were usually together anyway. Now I would need it. I called myself.

"We'll stay in touch. I'll tell you what I see." I explained and gave him his phone back. He just nodded and I got out of the car. I closed the door and held my cell phone to my ear. "Can you hear me?" I asked.

"Yes, you idiot and now go." he said. I rolled my eyes. Why was he always in such a bad mood? Was there ever a day when he wasn't pissed off? Maybe it was just me. Maybe I pissed him off. I started to move and went to the crime scene. "Do you see anyone?" he asked.

"No, at least no cars." I said. "But they could be inside. I'll see." I explained to him. The house was large and had large windows. From the outside it seemed very modern. This yellow barrier tape hung everywhere. No wonder it was a crime scene.

I went to the door and noticed that it wasn't even closed. Actually stupid, because there are a lot of teenagers who like this crime stories and watch crime scenes, although they shouldn't. I used to be such a kiddi. Well, I was now one of them now, since the case wasn't mine.

I entered the house and at first everything seemed normal. It was all like an ordinary house. I didn't hear anything either so I assumed everything was empty. I continued to walk into the kitchen. There was blood that had not yet been wiped away. It was probably from the woman.

"Here is blood, and broken glass." I described Blake, who was still on the phone with me. A glass fell down or she threw it to defend herself. "The crime scene hasn't been cleared up, so the case hasn't been closed yet, that was good." I explained. Only when the case is closed everything will be cleaned up.

"Do you see anything that could be led to Alec?" he asked curious. I looked around. The important evidences, weren't here anymore, such as the murder weapon.

"No, but they said they found Alec's fingerprints on the knife." I let him know. I couldn't explain how they got there. It was all an open puzzle and I had to solve it to get Alec out of it.

„Wait what?" Blake asked shocked. Oh, right, I didn't tell him yet. I was not in the right condition for that yesterday. „What do you mean? How?" he asked.

„I don't know, okay? Aline told me yesterday." I explained to him. He sighed.

„And you didn't think it was necessary to tell me?" he wanted to know. He seemed angry. I rolled my eyes.

„I forgot, I'm sorry!" I told him. He just sighed in annoyance.

I went on to the living room. There was a lot more blood here. Here she was apparently murdered. A trail of blood ran from the kitchen to the living room. Interesting. Even an inexperienced person could see the pattern.

"The woman was attacked in the kitchen and then tried to save herself in the living room for whatever reason. There she was murdered. Stabbed as far as I know." I explained. Alec would never have done that. Never.

"What has Alec got to do with it?" Blake asked now. I sighed. If I only knew that, everything would be easier. His fingerprints are on the murder weapon and that's usually enough to say that he's guilty.

"I dont know." I answered. "But we'll find out." I said firmly. Suddenly I heard glass break as if someone was breaking a window. Someone was here. I didn't know where it came from because I didn't know this house. "I think there's someone here." I let Blake know.

"Hide yourself." he said and I did. I ducked next to the sofa so I could see the door. I could have just left the house, but maybe it's someone who has something to do with it. It was quiet. "What is happening?" he asked.

"I don't know, I think someone is breaking in." I said. My eyes fell to the side when I saw something shining in the corner of my eye. It was a necklace that shone through the sunlight, which came through the window. I quietly tried to reach for the necklace and looked at it. "I found something." I whispered and took a closer look at the it.

"What?" he asked curiously. "Something from Alec?" he wanted to know. I didn't think it was from Alec. Alec wasn't wearing necklaces.

"No, a necklace with a symbol." I said. "The moon with a bat." I stated. Blake was silent and seemed to be considering. Maybe it was just a piece of jewelry from the dead woman, but why was it next to the sofa and why hadn't anyone found it? Wasn't it an evidence? Or maybe, someone lost it after the woman's death.

"Magnus, you have to get out of there immediately." Blake said now. I frowned. What was he talking about? Why? "This is the symbol of the nightchildren. A new Gang. Get out of there immediately." he said. What? "Come on!" he told me.

I put this necklace in my pocket and got up. I hadn't heard anything, but I was sure that the person was still here, so I had to be quick. I went to the door, but when I went around the corner someone was already standing here. Oh fuck.

"Magnus? Are you outside?" Blake wanted to know. Unfortunately not. I knew I had a pretty big problem now. In front of me was a tall guy with red hair. A ginger. He had freckles and he had a grin on my lips that I didn't like. He blocked the door.

"I guess it won't be that easy." I answered Blake and this guy slapped the cell phone out of my hand. Great. "What do you want here?" I wanted to know. "And who are you?" I asked.

"You don't have to know who I am, but I know who you are, Magnus Bane." he explained. Sure he knew that. Again everyone knew me from this stupid gang. I wasn't used to it any other way. He walked up to me and I went back into the living room without knowing what was going to happen.