I want you to quit.

"What are you saying?" I asked confused. Love? Who did he mean? Me and Alec? No, he couldn't know that. Nobody knew that. He laughed again.

"It's amazing what I know, isn't it?" he asked. I frowned and tensed. "You know, I knew you would show up here. After all, this is about the man you loved, or well, apparently still love." he said. I held my breath. So that is very bad for me right now.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lied. Of course I knew what he was talking about and he knew that I knew it. He sighed and looked at me with a pitying look.

"Alec and Magnus. A criminal and a cop. It's romantic, almost like a movie. I have to admit, I was very touched." he explained. Anger and nervousness came up. How did he know? Why hadn't he said anything? It didn't make any sense. "Feels terrible if you can't just get him out of jail, right?" he wanted to know. Yes, yes it was. That's exactly why I wanted to get him out of it. I finally wanted to free him.

"What do you want from me, Lorenzo?" I asked. There was something he wanted, otherwise he would have told the others long ago. After all, I would lose my job. That would be great for him. He laughed.

"Oh Bane, why should I want something from you?" he asked. Was he serious? This guy made me angry. Every time I see his stupid face I got angry. How did he look at himself in the mirror?

"Don't you think it's enough if I take your boyfriend to jail? I think it's pretty fun to watch." he noticed. I took a few steps towards him. I wanted to punch him, but then I could give up my job immediately. I loved my job. I never wanted to be anything else. Policeman was always my dream job and my passion.

"So you think it's funny when an innocent man goes to jail because of you? What kind of person are you?" I asked him. I looked at him like he was scum because someone who did this was scum for me. "Alec didn't murder her." I repeated. He couldn't just put him in jail. It didn't work that way. I noticed my phone vibrating in my pocket. I took it out and saw that I had a message from Celine.

The fingerprints are from Jessica Smith. She could be the real murderer, along with her gang members.

"Jessica-"

"Smith." Lorenzo finished my sentence. How did he know? How did he know the name? "You are really good, I have to admit." he explained to me. This man was pure evil.

"How did you know?" I asked but he just smiled. Suddenly it clicked in my head. Now everything made sense. He had manipulated it. He had blurred the tracks. He knew there was still another suspect, but he didn't tell anyone. That's why he was so closed in this case. That's why he didn't tell the media because he was afraid he would make a mistake. "You are a liar." I stated. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Aren't we both?" he wanted to know. "You know, you were gone for months, but when you came back you got your job back as if you had never been gone. If I had done that, I would be unemployed." said Lorenzo. He was right, I was lucky, but that was not a reason to just lock Alec up. "You were always the favorite, even in high school." he said. I rolled my eyes. Was he serious?

"Lorenzo, you can't do that. You're faking evidence. Were his fingerprints on the murder weapon at all?" I wanted to know. He nodded, but I couldn't believe it. Why should his fingerprints be up there?

"In fact, his fingerprints were on the knife, but I can't tell you why." he said. "But Jessica Smith's hair and traces of blood were found. Joanna, the dead woman, and Jess must have had an argument." he explained to me. He knew Alec wasn't the murderer. He knew it all the time.

"Jessica murdered her, didn't she? There were signs of fight that you just didn't show anyone." he explained. "You can't do that, you're a cop!" I accused him. He looked at me angrily.

"You want to blame me now? You? The cop who dated a criminal? The cop who was a criminal himself for a while? You can't say that I'm the bad guy." he said. I sighed. I couldn't even argue with him.

"With one difference, I did it out of love, but you? You do it out of pure hate." I said now whereupon he was silent. I loved Alec and therefore I couldn't betray him, but Lorenzo hated me and because of that he wanted to destroy Alec and me. "You hate me and I understand that, but let Alec out of there. Punish me." I said. I didn't care what happened to me. He hadn't done anything. He shouldn't be in jail. Lorenzo seemed to be thinking and cleared his throat.

"Give up your job." he said now. I looked at him in confusion. "You understood me correctly. I want you to quit." he explained again. I frowned. „I want you to give up your job as an police officer forever. Not only here in New Jersey." he said.

"What do you get out of that?" I wanted to know. I mean, in the end I don't have a job anymore but personally it wouldn't do me much harm. If he would tell all the others about me and Alec it would do more harm.

"I want you to choose between two things you love. Alec or your job? I know you love Alec, but you love your job too." he said. "Besides, I won't betray you to the government unless you betray me to the government." he said now. I had something against him, but he also against me. I sighed.

"I made my decision three years ago when I left New Jersey with him." I said. I loved my job and how I did it. It has been my whole life. I had followed it all my life and I loved getting up in the morning and going to work.

My job was great and special. I was born for it. I enjoyed it and did it with passion. I loved the excitement I felt every time I got a new case. I loved sitting on a case for hours and finding out what happened or why it happened. I loved talking to my colleagues and sharing opinions. I loved hearing a criminal's background story. I loved eating burgers during my breaks, which Celine always paid for. I loved spending so much time with my best friend. I loved the recognition I got when I solved a case and the pride I felt. I loved everything about this job. It was like a home to me. It was never about being a boss for everyone, it was always about helping people.

But what I loved more was Alexander. I loved him so much that after three years I still couldn't get over him no matter how hard I tried. I loved the way he looked at me. I loved the way he touched me. I loved how he protected me. I loved how he treated me like the most valuable thing in the world. I loved how he preferred to go to jail instead of pulling me back into the whole thing. I just loved him so much that I couldn't live without him.

I loved my job, yes I did, but I would get over it. I could never get over Alec. No matter what, I would always love him. There were thousands of jobs, but there was only one man I loved. I think my decision won't be difficult.

"You won, Lorenzo. You'll be the best soon, but remember that you didn't win this fight fairly." I let him know. "I'm going to pick Alexander up from jail tomorrow. Make sure everything works." I said, and left his office.

That was probably it. I was no longer a police officer.