You're too sweet.

Celine's POV

I was sitting next to Elliott in the car. He had his hand on my tigh and stroked it with his thumb. It has been so long since I could feel him again. For three years, there was nobody else but him.

We were on our way to the police station, but not to the one I worked for, but to another. I messaged Magnus that I'm trying to find out who is leading this murder case. After all, I also wanted to help.

While Magnus mostly showed openly that he missed Alexander more than anything else, I did grieve for myself. I tried to deal with it myself. I pretended to be an independent woman who doesn't need a man, but the truth was that I just didn't want anyone else. There was always only Elliott.

I've always stuck to Elliott's words. He said that we would see each other again and I held on to that every day. My hope was never gone and now he was actually here. When I saw him again, I was so lucky that I was afraid of passing out. I've never been so happy.

I couldn't help but kiss him. I had to miss his lips for too long. Oh god, how much I missed him. It was almost unbearable. I had nothing from Elliott. No picture, no sweater, not even his phone number. It was terrible.

"Do you really have to go?" Elliott asked with a pout. I smiled and nodded. He was adorable.

"Yes, I have to help Magnus. Also, don't want to lose my job." I said. We almost lost it when we got back, but luckily we solved a lot of cases so they didn't just fire us. He parked the car.

"How long will it take you to find out?" he asked with interest. I shrugged and unbuckled. I didn't know. I mean, I've never done that before.

"No idea, I don't know how closed they are about the murder, but probably not very long." I explained and he nodded. He turned off the car.

"I'll wait for you and then I'll take you to your police station." he said now. I smiled and shook my head. Mine wasn't very far from here and I was sure that he had other things to do.

"No, I can take the bus too. It's not that far." I said he shook his head stubbornly. I sighed. "You are too sweet." I said and leaned over to him. I kissed him gently and sighed contentedly. Every time it feels like my stomach is jumping forward. It felt like an explosion in my body. It was the best feeling I ever had. That was love.

"See you." he said. I nodded and got out of the car. I straightened my uniform before I entered the building. I know some people there, but nobody was really my friend. Rather work colleagues.

I feel sorry for Magnus. He always wanted them to come back. He had missed Alec so much and now they are back, but Alec wasn't. I was lucky because I have Elliott back, but he still needed to miss Alec.

I tried to be there for Magnus. He was really devastated. In the beginning it was worse. It took a while until he was on his feet again and could laugh properly and honestly again. I would support him now too. I would do anything to get Alec out of there. I want Magnus to be happy and Alec doesn't deserve this

"Celine! What a surprise, nice to see you!" Lydia said when I came in. I smiled and she hugged me lovingly. I knew Lydia well. We went to the kindergarden together and many years later we met again. However, we almost never talk.

"Hey, yes, I haven't been here in ages." I replied and let go of her. She was actually very nice.

"What brings you to us?" she asked. It was good that Lydia greeted me because she liked me. Not everyone liked us here. Victor Aldertree wasn't exactly a fan of ours. He wasn't annoying us, but he didn't really speak well about us. I didn't care about him though.

Then there is Lorenzo Ray. He was the biggest asshole ever. He hated us and we hated him. He was always jealous of Magnus because most people liked him more. Magnus had solved most of the cases, which is why he is at the top and not Lorenzo. He would do anything to destroy his reputation. Since the beginning, it has been a competition for him. I was glad not to meet him here.

"Maybe we can talk about it in your office?" I asked. She frowned but nodded. She led me to her office and we took a seat. Her office looked very cozy. Almost as cozy as Magnus'.

"So what's up? Are you all right?" she asked worriedly. I nodded. Maybe I should do something with her more often. We could be great friends.

"Yes, it's about the murder case." I said. "Do you know something about it? Because we were not informed." I admitted and she raised her eyebrow. She also seemed very surprised by this information.

"Really? Strange, I thought you had been informed long ago." she said I shook my head. We should have been actually. "A woman was murdered in her apartment, she was stabbed several times until she subsequently died. We already have the murderer, well, the suspect, but I'm pretty sure he is the murderer." she explained. I nodded with interest. I don't think so, but okay.

"And what do you know about this murderer? And why are you so sure that he is the the right one?" I asked confused. I didn't know what happened, but Alec must have something to do with all of this when they arrested him. I don't think he killed her, but something must have happened that he didn't tell Elliott and Blake.

"His name is Alexander Gideon Lightwood. A young man who lived in an apartment nearby. Apparently alone. He seems has no contact with his family anymore, which is why he was quite alone." she explained to me. They didn't know about Blake and Elliott, that was good. "They found traces of him in the apartment and on the woman. No other traces were found." She said. Oh, that was not a good thing. How did they get there?

"And who is leading this case?" I asked curiously. I prayed that it was someone I actually liked.

"Lorenzo Ray and Aline Penhallow. Lorenzo actually said he'd let you know. Didn't he?" she asked confused. Of course, it had to be Lorenzo. I despised this bastard. I shook my head and sighed. "Oh, you know Lorenzo, he wants to be the best." she explained. Yes, I knew that.

"You're right." I said. "But why doesn't the media know about it yet? Normally it should have been published long ago." I asked in confusion, but she just shrugged.

"No idea, maybe they want to keep this case secret. At some point the media will probably find out about it anyway." she said. I nodded. Yes, they would, it was a matter of time.