Do you trust me?

An hour later, Blake and I were actually on our way to the first Loaction. It was an abandoned mansion about half an hour away. When the family died, there was no one to take care of this house and it was never sold. There was a possibility that Liam was in here now because this mansion was huge.

"Since when have you been agreeing with me?" I wanted to know from Blake. He looked over at me in surprise. "I mean, you usually always try to agree with Alec, even if I'm right." I explained to him with a smile as I concentrated on the road because I was allowed to drive. After all, that was my car.

"Oh, that's not true at all!" he defended himself. I laughed because we both knew I was right. I knew Blake didn't like me, but at least we could talk without arguing. "Can I ask you something personal?" he asked, whereupon I frowned. Blake wanted to know something personal from me? That was even stranger than the fact that he agreed with me.

"Sure, what is it?" I wanted to know. There wasn't really anything he shouldn't know. I had no secrets from Celine or Alec, nor from Blake. He no longer looked at me, I knew that because I could no longer feel his eyes on me.

"I know it was a long time ago, but your father died, right?" he asked and I nodded. I remembered that well. The next day Alec confessed that he loved me. It was really a difficult time, but at least it brought me back together with my aunt. "Did you two have a good relationship before?" asked Blake. I wondered why he wanted to know.

"No actually, he treated me pretty badly. That's why I had no contact with him anymore." I answered him. He nodded and looked down. I could see that in the corner of my eye. Something was on his mind, I could tell.

"My parents and I never had a good relationship, you know? They were rich, very rich and I didn't want all this stuff. I always had to behave better than everyone else, but I wasn't like that. I was the problematic child. At some point they kicked me out. They support me financially, so we still have money, but actually we have no contact." he let me know. He opened up to me again and this time it meant as much as it did the first time. "My father was an asshole. He abused me few times. How did you forgive your dad?" he wanted to know. I sighed.

"Forgiveness is not always easy, but believe me, forgetting is harder. People make mistakes, like my father. My father changed, so I was able to forgive him, but if your father is still like that, he doesn't deserve forgiveness." I explained to him. Blake just nodded silently. Hearing what Blake had to go through made me understand why he was the way he was. He had lost so many people he loved. He was mistreated and nobody deserved it.

It wasn't easy to hear all this, especially because Blake kinda grew on me. I mean, even though we weren't exactly friends, we both knew that we wouldn't betray each other. I never knew anything about him and now he actually wants to tell me. He didn't have an easy past. None of us had.

"Thanks, Magnus." he said. I nodded with a smile.

"For the fact that you hate me, you seem to be really trusting me a lot." I said and he laughed a little.

"I don't hate you that much anymore." Blake said, which made me grin. It was good because it confirmed my feeling. I felt that Blake and I shared more than hate. It was like a deep friendship that neither of us wanted to see. There was a road sign that showed that we were only allowed to drive sixty now, which is why I wanted to brake a little. "Hey, brake, we're too fast." Blake pointed out when the car didn't slow down.

I tried again but it didn't work because the car just didn't brake. The brake didn't work and there was nothing I could do about it. I stepped on the brake pedal several times but nothing changed.

"I can't brake!" I panicked. What should I do? We were too fast and there was nothing I could do to slow us down. We were lucky that this street was empty and nobody was driving here, but it would not stay that way forever.

"What do you mean? That's not possible." Blake said. Yes, it was. "Try to shift down the gear." he said. Right, that would be a plan. I slowly tried to shift it down when I suddenly began to lose control of the car. We started driving to the right and left until I completely lost control. "Fuck!" Blake screamed in panic. I tried to keep the car in line.

"Into the water! We have to get into the water!" I shouted loudly when I saw that we were now driving next to a massive river. Blake looked at me confused.

"Are you crazy? We're going to drown!" he replied loudly. That could happen, but it would be easier to get out of it than to crash into another car or wall. I looked at Blake, his eyes were filled with anxiety, as were mine.

"Do you trust me?" I asked. Blake said nothing and just looked at me. "Do you trust me, Blake?" I asked again, just louder. He nodded quickly and so I turned the steering wheel completely to the right once. Shortly afterwards we drove over the edge and slammed into the water.

The impact was painful, very painful, but it was bearable and we were still alive. That was important. I could feel the water floating beneath us and I noticed the water slowly entering the car. It got in faster than I expected.

"Unbuckle, quick!" I asked Blake and he did it directly. I tried to open the car door, but it didn't work anymore because the water was already up to our knees. Fuck.

"Magnus?" I heard Blake nervously say. I looked at him and I could see the fear and doubt in his eyes. „I'm not ready to die." he said. I nodded, because I wasn't either. No, we would not drown here. With all my strength, I rammed my elbow against the car window, which luckily broke after some times because it was not yet completely underwater. That was painful. It felt like I broke my elbow but I hoped I didn't.

With my hands I tried to enlarge the hole I had made while the water was already up to our necks. You might think it all happened in seconds, but it took much longer. It must have been a few minutes, but everything passed me so that I didn't notice much. It felt like I was just watching all this and it didn't happen to me. As if it was just a movie but this wasn't. This was real.

Now it was time for our head to be underwater as our car was completely full with all the water. My hands hurt so much because they had countless cuts that I got through the broken window. I looked at Blake, who was fortunately still conscious and I indicated him to follow me.

I squeezed through this little car window with all my strength and swam up as fast as I could. I breathed a sigh of relief. I was alive. I was alive and could breathe. I tried to stay on the surface of the water and looked around. Blake wasn't here. Fuck.

I had no choice but to hold my breath again and dive back down. I swam down with all my strength and saw Blake trying to get out of the car. He no longer seemed to have a lot of strength, so I swam to him with my last strength, wrapped my arms around him and helped him get out. It wasn't easy because you don't have all the control of your body under the water. When we finally made it, we swam up together and both breathed a sigh of relief.

It was damn hard to stay on to the surface of the water since we were both just exhausted, but we were alive. We both made it out of the car. I looked at Blake and noticed that he was going to lose consciousness.

"Blake, come on. Stay awake, we'll be right there." I said, but it seemed like he couldn't hear me anymore. I was so weak and I actually thought for a second that we would both drown the same because I didn't have the strength to pull both of us on land. However, when I saw that an ambulance was arriving, I was given a force boost and still managed to pull Blake and me ashore.

The Paramedics helped me and pulled Blake and me out of the water. I coughed a lot and I didn't want to know how much water I had swallowed. I dropped to the floor and tried to get my breath back while the others took care of Blake, who had completely lost consciousness by now. Paramedics came to me. They helped me up again so I saw that there were other drivers. They must have called the ambulance. Shit, what just happened?