Leaps of Faith

Cassian thought he was going to have to catch the human woman, but to his surprise she had caught herself on the mountain's side and was sliding down it with two hands clutching a blade, plunged into the rock, which slowed her descent. There were some old walls building up near the base, and she leapt from her blade handhold to one of them and started running along the narrow stone, leaping across to other equally narrow sections and making her way right to the city, and the first houses reachable from the House of Wind.

Aelin saw the dark shape sweep towards her through the night and drew her sword just in time to parry, while simultaneously leaping backwards and landing on the balls of her feet on the top of a metal fence. She grinned at the general who hovered just above her, looking very confused but equally impressed.

"You've definitely got balance girly." He was slightly out of breath from his high speed dive, and the dodged first attack.

She tilted her head at him and gave him a slightly out of breathed grin of bliss, "Oh general," she narrowed her eyes and looked him up and down. The look made him subconsciously tense, her drunkeness seemed to overwhelm her and he worried for a moment maybe this was too much for her.

He glanced away, just for a moment to appreciate how far she had slid down the mountain, and then immediately snapped his head back to find Celaena right infront of him, leaping at him with a knife in her left hand. The sword was still in her right and she seemed to be using it as part of her balance instead of letting it offset her. Cassian instinctively guarded with his forearms, knocking her left arm cleanly away, along with her whole body.

Now sober Cassian would have remember this was on friendly terms, and pushed her somewhere it was possible to grab a hold of something. Drunk Cassian was different, he responded on instinct to a knife aimed at his heart and sent her flying in the one direction that would be impossible to grab a handhold or foothold. Or so he thought.

Celaena had hooked her right leg round his back when he had first deflected her left, and used his own block as a springboard to loop round and jump off his lower back, knocking the wind momentarily from him, as she instead flew for a solid stone wall a few metres away.

The general let out a shattered cough and spun round, great wings flapping on instinct.

"Did you actually drink 2 bottles?" He choked out, flying upwards so not even she could jump up to him, Celaena still looked like she was considering it though.

"What do you mean?" She quirked an eyebrow at him like he was dumb. "Is 2 a lot here?"

Cassian gaped at her as she then backflipped graciously off the stone wall into what he could only hope was not just open air. In the time he had been talking she'd sheathed her sword, getting ready to run again.

He shot forward to see where she went to find her sprinting along another metal railing, as if on flat ground. Her balance was incredible, was all he could think. Blinking out of it he soared after her, staying at observational distance now and waiting for an opening. She continued to move like an acrobat over the last ancient defensive walls at the base of the mountain where the House of Wind was built into, and was nearly at the city when she scaled a mini-tower like it was nothing and stood there proudly waiting for him.

"How about we make this interesting bat boy." Celaena smirked at him intolerably.

"Well you keep running away." He responded, just as smoothly.

She considered him for a moment, then asked, "I'm an assassin right?" He seemed confused but answered.

"If what you say is true, yes."