Now It's Just Showing Off

The fight was definitely about skill and technique, something they both had in bucket loads. Feyre had always felt a twinge of jealously that her eldest sister understood swordplay so much better than she did, but nonetheless she was very proud of her.

Cassian and Rowan stood close to the border, and those observing had no idea where their steel balls came from as the blades struck between the two fighters with deadly precision, often a bit too close to the outsiders for Feyre's liking.

She and Rhys, now slightly out of breath from their fight stayed a fair distance back. If the Illyrian's had been impressed by the males fighting, the pair's wives were something to gape at.

Feminism in Illyria had been something long fought for, but if they had known all it would take is a fiery blonde stranger and pit her against the Queen of Death it would have happened much sooner. A title which made Feyre shudder but Nesta herself seemed quite pleased with.

It was clear that Cassian wanted to call instruction to his wife, to help her trip up the woman's rythym, yet he refrained because of the effect their duel was having on the camp. The fact that two females could fight so well with large Illyrian blades was damn spectacular and some younger Illyrian females were looking on with curiousity. The males didn't even stop them, a few of them even moved back from where they had watched the earlier brawl.

Feyre realised with a start, that they were uneasy of these two whirling warriors, and they were actually impressed. The fight was inspiring to say the least, the heavy blades moving faster than the eye could follow, deflecting, blocking, feinting and lunging. Celaena had picked up on the Illyrian honour nonsense, and no longer used dirty tricks to trip up her opponent in the ring. They fought fair and square, purely off skill.

The blades whined and scraped, as Nesta shot a blow at Celaena's legs, only to be deflected powerfully, causing the Fae to quick-step backwards and bring her sword up to guard herself once more. They circled each other for a moment, Celaena's grin feral as she moved in, far too fast for a human and slashed across Nesta's arm, the leathers prevented her drawing blood yet the female hissed in anger and struck back with her own blade, going for Celaena's neck. The woman was already ducking however, holding their blades in a stalemate above her head.

"Oh you would be one to go straight for the neck wouldn't you!" Celaena let out a cackle as she slipped easily out from under Nesta's sword and darted under her raised arm, sending a slice for her abdomen. Cassian tensed, but Nesta moved back just as quickly and sent Celaena a smirk.

"Oh you bet." Nesta moved forward again, sliding her sword past Celaena's near impregnable guard. Beside Rowan, Cassian gave another start and went to call out, only for Rhys to step up beside him and give a low 'shh'.

While Nesta was most certainly a talented sword user, she simply didn't have years of experience. It was clear Celaena didn't count using two hands as cheating. Her left hand blocked the sword with a wicked looking dagger about the length of her forearm, which she had pulled from her hip as using the suit's weapons would have pissed off the Illyrians.

This meant Nesta's sword was not trapped between two of Celaena's blades. A neat twist caught the guard of the females sword and flipped it out of her hand. Nesta cursed and shot back, dropping the sword to prevent getting cut.

"I assume we're doing first blood then?" Celaena asked sarcastically putting one foot on the blade at her feet.

She shot a glance at her husband who was watching with a slight frown. Nesta took the opportuniy to dive for Celaena. She gripped the woman's left wrist, and though Celaena looked experienced enough to avoid being disarmed, she just couldn't compete with Nesta's brute strength as she tore the blade straight from her hand and blocked the swing from Celaena's sword. The sword caught on the ridges of the knife and Nesta went to kick out at the woman's legs to knock her off the blade trapped under her foot.