Fateful Meetings

Feyre winnowed with Cassian and  Celaena, Rhys taking the wolf, who Feyre still didn't understand and Rowan. Now that male was a mystery she didn't think she would ever wrap her head around, yes she understood Celaena was a deadly assassin who likely had fought on battlefields. Yet the huge male who was armed head to toe in steel, just seemed like an extreme that didn't match the Celaena Feyre thought she knew.

She followed Rhys's twisting magic to an open grassy spot near the training rings in Ironcrest. Illyrians all around backed off or shot dirty looks at the group. Feyre threw out her magic and sensed Azriel and her sister nearing them from behind one of the cabins. The spymaster was looking slightly wary of Nesta, leaving a fair distance, whether in fear of his brother or fear of the female herself.

Feyre felt, more than saw, Cassian tense as Nesta's gaze turned to Rowan. While the male himself seemed besotted with his own wife, having seen Celaena's performance with Azriel, Cassian didn't seem too keen to let the arguably very attractive male near his mate.

Azriel however, appeared the most on edge, the group of them spread out into a loose circle, Rowan stepping close to Celaena with the wolf on her other side, looking a bit bored, Rhys put himself between the odd trio and Feyre while Cassian greeted his wife. Azriel ended up in the mdidle of it, opposite the strangers and between Nesta and Feyre.

"Rowan, this is Nesta, Cassian's lovely wife." 

Feyre noted the male's nostrils flaring slightly as he took in the newly arrived members of the Inner Circle. Fortunately for Cassian, Rowan completely ignored Nesta and with a flicker of shock going through his eyes, focussed on Azriel.

He bared his elongated canines at the shadowed male, who in response just stood very still and held his gaze. "Rhys, care to introduce us."

The High Lord glanced at his spymaster, looking slightly confused at the staring contest. "This is Celaena's husband Rowan, and his companion the wolf. He's Wild Fae."

To Feyre's surprise it seemed everyone but her had heard of Wild Fae. Azriel looked impressed momentarily, but still held the white-haired males gaze. Finally Rowan spoke in a low, guttural tone.

"Your scent is curious, shadowsinger."

Feyre felt the exact moment the Inner Circle twigged what he meant, Azriel's scent would be mixed with Celaena's after their 'fight'. Though how Rowan hadn't smelt the other male on his wife first was strange.

"How so?" Celaena turned to her mate in confusion, searching his face for answers as he continued to stare at Azriel.

"Pup." Was her husbands only response, and the large wolf prowled towards the spymaster with maw half open, teeth sharp against the contrast of his dark gums. The dog circled Azriel at a distance, closing the gap every rotation, sniffing him curiously. Suddenly, he stopped and snapped his head up to stare at Rowan. The wolf backed off quickly, moving between the couple and Azriel.

"Rowan! Explain!" Celaena gave her husband a sharp cuff over the head to which he finally turned to her. "What does he smell like?"

"Lorcan." The male breathed in reply, and the wolf bristled in Azriel's direction, bearing his teeth.

Feyre watched as Celaena turned white as a sheet. "You mean- you mean they are here?"

Celaena's husband turned back to Azriel and took a half step infront of her, "How many years have you lived?"

Feyre couldn't help but glance to Rhys, but he was just observing with interest, the High Lord seemed to trust them. Cassian also put himself half-infront of his own wife, to which she rolled her eyes, yet Nesta didn't push his aside, simply watched.