Rules of a Brawl

The closest male lunged at her, certain he would be too quick for her 'hostage' to be hurt. He was wrong. The knife plunged deep into the Fae male's heart and Aelin dropped him to the ground with a satisfied smirk.

It had only been when she had stabbed the male earlier, that she found out that ashwood was the single effective weapon to truly kill a Fae in this world. Rhys had mentioned it in passing when she had apologised for her murder -more as a courtesy than actually giving a shit- but the High Lord had looked surprised as he explained she hadn't killed anyone. Rowan's eyes had darkened slightly when he had heard that, but he had laughed, shooting a look in her direction so she joined him - all the while hoping no one had noticed her slip up of concentration. They could not afford to let these people know that they would die from any weapon. What kind of Fae could heal completely from everything but one substance?

Sure their kind of Fae had good healing, but any blade could end their lives, they bled out nearly as easily as humans once wounded. It would maybe just require a slightly deepercut, or some kind of poison on the blade.

The male had jumped too fast to halt so had to dive over his fallen friend, aiming to tackle her to the ground.

"You bitch!" one of the other 4 screeched, reaching to grab Amren from behind, a knife was in his right hand. An ashwood knife.

His mistake however, was attacking the second of the Night Court - not that there were any others of their party he would have been better off snatching.

Amren broke out of her haze and let out a furious hiss as she spun around. The male's wrist snapped backwards -too far back- as she slapped him away. An unearthly scream burst from him as he cradled his arm.

"She broke my fucking wrist!" The three men who remained standing watched cautiously from a distance but looked at best, mildly concerned by their fourth friend's injury.

Aelin had simply stepped aside, leaving the diving male to tackle thin air and collapse on the ground next to his companions. She firmly stamped her boot down on the soft part of the attackers head, knocking him out properly before she repeated the process with the man she had stabbed. It wouldn't do to have him getting back up and covering everywhere in blood.

The leader of the 6 had been standing at the back, but now he moved forward infront of his remaining companions. "Well that wasn't very nice." He grunted, narrowing his eyes at the 4 women who stood with unimpressed expressions.

"We'll have to teach you a little lesson," his left-hand companion sneered, pulling the man with the broken wrist back to his feet by the scruff of his tunic. "Right Bezo?" But the injured male stepped back. Once. Twice. Then he ran like a bat out of hell, shoving past the barkeep in his panic and nearly falling into the back room on his way out.

"Looks like someone finally recognised you." Mor gave a light laugh as she nudged Amren with her shoulder. "You must be honoured, it's been a while."

Amren rolled her shoulders and stretched out her neck. "Pity, I was quite enjoying the anonymity." Nesta snorted at that, muttering about how it was quite unlikely as she tightened her belt to what Aelin realised was to ensure her clothes didn't slip in the oncoming brawl.

"You enjoy bar fights, Lady Death?" She deliberately used one of the titles she had read in a book, to see if it was actually one of Nesta's aliases, or a rumour.

Nesta's eyes sparkled with mirth and she gave Aelin a coy sideways smile, "Always."

The pair of them moved together, both choosing fists over weapons as it was much more fun that way. Mor and Amren watched with the amusement only gained through hundred of years of life as their younger friends moved with fluid grace and in a flurry of fists.