Girl Talk

Aelin's head hurt less than it had after her first dinner with the Inner Circle, but that didn't say much. Her eyes refused to open for a long while, and all she could do was press the side of her face further into the surface below her. Aelin wasn't completely sure where she was either but that was also something to be dealt with later.

She was content to stay there forever, comfortable and warm with an incredibly soft blanket thrown over her whole body. It was only when she heard a very feminine moan that Aelin realised she was not in bed with her mate. Slowly, so slowly, the Queen of Terrasen cracked open an eye and looked over her shoulder.

It was as the same time as she took in the beautiful female lying behind her, that Aelin realised a naked leg was thrown over her waist. She herself was in an oversized soft cotton sweater that she recognised as one of Rowan's. Mor however was completely undressed other than some scraps of lace she had worn under the dress the night before. Aelin had no objections to her current situation but she did wonder where her husband was.

"Brynn?" Mor groaned from next to her, "What time is it? Am I late?"

For someone seeming so concerned they might miss something, Mor wasn't making any moves to actually get up. "I think you've got the wrong name." Aelin croaked dryly, causing Mor's eyes to snap open immediately to take in their surroundings.

The pair of them were flopped out over an extended sofa which was essentially a bed. It was a sitting room by the bottom of the stairs which led up to Aelin's rooms with Rowan. The sun was filtering through the sheer curtains but wasn't yet pouring onto the sofa where they lay.

Mor met Aelin's eyes warily, before looking around again. "You know they've had this house for 15 years and I still have no fucking clue where we are."

Despite the fact Aelin's throat was aching, she let out a hoarse chuckle and explained, "The stairs go up to the guest bedrooms."

"Ohhhh," Mor said, "Any clue why we're here?"

Aelin went to shrug but was interrupted by a drawling voice that was clearly Rhysand's. "You two wouldn't let go of each other once we got back to the house. You then couldn't get up the stairs and just sat down for a breather, and promptly fell asleep." The male was in the doorway from the main corridors in the house.

"Of course, even in your sleep you wouldn't let go, oh and Aelin?" She blinked up at him as he went on. "You told Rowan you were divorcing him to marry Mor. To which he responded that he was going to marry someone called Vaughan. You threw such a hissy fit that he just went back to your rooms without you."

Mor giggled at her cousin, "What are you a weather reporter?"

Rhys sketched a bow with one hand firmly holding the cup of coffee he had been sipping while waiting for them to awake, "Most powerful High Lord and weather announcer, at your service."

Aelin snickered along with Mor who suddenly seemed to realise something. "Why am I nearly naked?"

Rhys let out a long sigh, "Yes, why are you nearly naked?"

At that Rowan descended the stairs with Fenrys by his side. "I recall that my wife asked if she could try on your dress but then chucked it into a fire instead of doing so. It would seem she prefers you naked."

Aelin's eyes widened in horror, "Oh no..."

Rhysand picked up on the tension and seemed ready to interject a marital dispute when Aelin finished her thought, "It was such a lovely dress! I'm so sorry Mor!"

Rowan had very much anticipated her response and didn't so much as blink as he breezed past, his sense of smell strong enough to lead him to the coffee. Fenrys however padded across the room and leapt up to press himself between Aelin and Mor. Aelin realised that her mate had paused at the door and glanced back at her, "Oh, and I want that shirt back when you get dressed."