Just a Bit of Fun

Aelin was having the time of her life, she had missed the woods in the few days she had been confined to the House of Wind, and their  drunken duel over the rooftops had been a laugh as well. She just hoped he wasn't too hurt. Still, there was no way she was losing this game even if it seemed like she wasn't taking it seriously.

She caught a glimpse of a large estate in the near distance, the trees thinning so much she had to drop back to the ground, making a run across the open groun only to find a very large Illyrian warrior blocking her way with a smirk.

"You're not getting in there I'm afraid." She noticed he seemed strangely serious, though she had been sure he was opening up to her just moments ago. Aelin felt the need to remind him of the facts.

"I'm not going to hurt a child," At his doubtful stare she pleaded, "Cassian please, we're just playing."

The general stared at her for a moment then nodded, "Just playing."

Her smile appeared to him as one of joy at their blossoming friendship, but in reality it was that the drink had kicked in again and skewered his sense of judgement.  So she lunged at him, pulling her hunting knives free again, whirling them so fast he couldn't judge their strike pattern. Unfortunately his siphon shields weren't going to wear down anytime soon, so she just had to distract him away. They circled each other on the flat grass beside the back outer wall of the estate, diving in with knife and magic to try maim the other, a dance of war.

She could tell Cassian was beginning to grow frustrated, frustrated with a hint of fear. She couldn't tell from his scent, her human senses not sharp enough, but she could just tell from her long years of battle experience, and more importantly, people experience. He didn't like that she hadn't lost yet, because he was getting serious, using his proper moves and no longer just letting her get cheap blows and block him with half assed moves, which if he had been paying attention, she never half assed a block. Aelin worked on such an automatic style, that she would have to consciously pull every punch or swing.

For someone who was the esteemed best fighter in the Illyrian army, Aelin was actually quite disappointed. She wasn't even having to think in this fight, he was used to beating his enemies with pure strength and speed, that when faced with someone who knew what to do with his strength, and also could handle his speed no bother, he wasn't too much of a bother. It also helped he was utterly gone, that wine must be renowned for its strength, and the general hadn't planned for a serious fight, if a fight at all. Aelin had however, so she had eaten as much as she could to fight it's affects, but still drank both bottles. It was a lovely concotion, she couldn't help it. However her metabolism and immune system in her human body was really just the same as her Fae, and she had an amazing metabolism.

Her constant exercise and the fact she always ate well made sure of that. The week in the woods hadn't done much to help but it did help her restart, and though the wraiths had been surprised, they had allowed her to eat all she liked and they didn't pay attention when she had snuck through the House of Wind to get the weapons and train in one very dusty and unused training room deep within the house.

She supposed if Cassian went full out, and they were both sober, with him using every move and dirty trick he knew, then it would be a lot closer. That was the problem with prideful warriors. Aelin was a cut-throat assassin, even on killing fields she had fought dirty. She used every trick and slip to kill her opponent, not injure them, kill them. Aelin was usually fighting for her life, so she dropped her royal pride and fought how she needed to in order to survive. It seemed Illyrian's had standards, which was unfortunate as despite the general's experience her dirty moves got him every time. Different worlds she supposed, her's must just include more swordplay. Magic definitely seemed more common here, and Illyrian's were used to other large fighters, in the air with magic all around and Siphon magic shielding.