I Feel Pretty and Witty and - oh fuck

Aelin nearly forgot to pick up her dress as she stormed up to the dais. Rowan was murmuring quietly to Cassian while Azriel stood semi-awkwardly beside them. Mor was beaming at her and took her hand to guide her up the last step.

"Milady," the female said dramatically, sweeping another bow. Aelin couldn't help her laugh as she squeezed Mor's hand in her own before letting go.

"You don't need to hide the fact you enjoyed watching that." She aimed towards her mate, "Honestly Rowan, or should I say Lord Rowan, I know you like watching me send males flying to the dirt."

"It seems I missed a spot of water." Rowan gave the slightest shrug, "I'll need to double check next time."

Cassian let out a bark of laughter, "Please tell me you're not going to turn the whole room to ice again?"

Rowan simply raised an eyebrow and took a drink from his glass and Aelin spoke at the same time as her husband did, "No promises."

Mor snorted, "You two are so married."

"Which is why," Aelin announced, "I have to make the most of opportunities to dance with others." She dipped a small curtsey to their group, Azriel and Cassian glanced to her face for any indication of an invite, but Aelin instead reached a hand out to the Morrigan.

"May I have this dance?"

Mor's face went pale, her gaze immediately flicked to the crowd still dancing, no one watching them to see the Aelin's outstretched hand. The female tentitively took her hand, Mor's own skin soft and warm against her palm. The Queen of Terrasen proceeded to uncerimoniously drag her up to the top of the dais and grinn at Rhys.

"Is there any music you can really dance to in this Court?"

His response was merely to smirk and pretend to consider her question before asking, "Ya like jazz?"

Aelin's face broke into a smile and that was all it took for The High Lord to twist around to stare down the orchestra, he must have sent a mental message alongside as they swiftly changed to a jazz piece, the dancers looking confused as they looked up to where their rulers sat.

The Morrigan was trembling slightly and Aelin wasn't sure why, they always danced to jazz in groups of women in Erilea but the other female looked like she was about to bolt. Once she had pulled her down to the dancefloor Aelin whispered in Mor's ear. "You look lovely."

It was true, of course. The Morrigan always looked lovely, but today she had deviated from her usual red to wear a metallic-copper gown. It hugged around her until below her hips where it spun out to give her room to dance. The dress hid her feet but the strapless boddice still showed off her tanned skin.

Aelin ignored the strange looks they were getting and instead lead Mor into a spinning dance, the two females tended to stay apart rather than most traditional ballroom dancing. Aelin's skirt was taking up so much space that Mor's as well would make it rather difficult. The two would twirl away from each other, show off their best footwork or simply throw their faces to the ceiling and spin as quickly as they could.

She became aware how increasingly tense Mor's muscles were when they brushed around each other with small, lingering touches. Aelin spotted a group of males openly sneering, and noted their faces for later.

Her own home was blissfully accepting in comparison, there were some humans in modern areas who were trying to spread messages against same-sex couples, yet thanks to the Fae and other ancient creatures, they were having a hard time of it.

No one spoke out against females taking female lovers, because if you did thousands of witches would have their teeth at your throat in approximately 2 business days. And given that mating bonds formed regardless of gender, it was rarely debated other than in human communities.