An Uninvited Guest

Feyre could tell Rhys was pissed, life had been a rollercoaster since the war, and some days she felt like they were all completely different people and others she felt like it was only last week they were facing Hybern on the battlefields. And now, out of the blue, Cassian had messaged Rhys that there was a problem at the camps, something about the Blood Rite.

Since Nesta had gone with Cassian to the camps, they had accepted the mating bond and now lived there comfortably, her sister in training and her friend keeping eye over the Illyrians. While things had still been rocky with Nesta when they first travelled there, a small revolution had tried to sprout that they had to beat down and make some agreements with the Illyrian's that had been slightly taxing, but worth it for their continued support.

Things had generally been quite slow in the 15 years since the war, but Feyre couldn't say she hadn't enjoyed most of it. With Fae taking a while to recover, trade negotiations had not yet picked up again, but Rhys said that was to be expected and as immortal beings it would take longer than humans did things in their limited lifespans. Mor was still working on the continent, but due back for a visit soon, Elain lived with her and Rhys in the river house, along with Azriel most of the time. Dearest Az was often away working but when he was in Velaris he spent his days with Elain in the gardens, which was now one of the most gorgeous gardens in the Night Court, if not Prythian.

Feyre wasn't sure what was going on between the shadowsinger and her sister, but they were good friends, and Elain had done a lot of growing as a person, developing into her own person, something she would never have time to do as a human woman. Lucien lived in the mortal lands with Julian and Vassa, they had broken her curse too, and the three of them had not visited the Night Court in many years.

The biggest change in her life was undoubtably Devdan, her and Rhys' wonderful son. He looked exactly like the Bone Carver had appeared to Feyre. Now 9 years old, nearing 10, he was at about the stage of a 3 year old toddler due to his Fae heritage. They did not yet know what powers he had, but Danny was definitely powerful, a joining between the most powerful High Lord and Lady saw to that. He was adored by their entire circle, even Nesta toned it down when he was around, which caused Cassian to occasionally use him as a shield against his wife, just in case.

Rhys hadn't found it funny the first time, but Feyre had cackled with the rest of them as her son had squealed with joy and asked his uncle Cassian to spin him around. Azriel and Elain also liked to spend time with him, sitting in sun rooms as well as the garden, to encourage that love of the nature.

Currently, he was to stay with Elain in the house, with Amren and Varian just in the city in case she needed anything. Feyre was glad to know her son was safe, as their feet hit mud in the Illyrian Camp. One hand in her mates, the other in Azriel's, to winnow them.

It had been a while since they had visited Cassian and Nesta's mountain home, it was beautiful as always but she did not have time for that. Something had riled Rhys up, and Azriel was not blind to it either, carefully slipping away from the two of them and leaving a respectful distance. The High Lady just laughed at him and turned to her mate, "Try not to scare our friends off Rhys, while your company is lovely you can be dull sometimes."

He turned from where he had been staring at the cottage to look at her and smiled, "Oh I would hate to ever bore you Feyre darling." He pulled her into his arms and kissed the top of her head, holding her close as he continued to stare at the cottage. Feyre pushed against his chest with a laugh, "Trying to suffocate me?"

She knew Azriel was smiling quietly behind them, wings shuffling in the cold as he also looked over at the house.

"You do know you never actually told me why we're here." Feyre raised an eyebrow at him and smirked, or is this the surprise Illyrian gangbang that I've been asking for for the past year?"