An Ancient Warrior of Ice and Wind

Rhys wasn't sure what was happening, he had no idea why the warrior and his wolf had attacked on sight. When he had seen the wolf appear he had been struck by wonder, it was huge, and beautiful like no other creature he had seen. The Fae male who appeared half a moment later looked like he could gut any creature which roamed Prythian, even from a distance Rhys could make out the tattoo which covered the side of his face and continued down his neck, could make out his short white hair and deadly physique.

The High Lord had thrown a shield around the two of them, hoping if they stayed on the other side he may be able to talk to them. He was relieved when the wolf stopped, growling at him, it must be able to recognise the shield as his. His worry grew as Celaena let out a wrecked sob and he wondered if maybe this was too much for her, she must be so scared. It was his fault, he never should have brought her here, she was no match for this warrior and his wretched pet.

He had known it was that wood the moment he neared it, he hadn't been able to get any closer than where he had stopped dead. The power he sensed was so anciently powerful, unlike anything he had ever felt in his life. It was ice and wind and water, all of them, mixed with a sense of pure, unrelenting power.

Yet in his panic at the new sensation, he had put them upwind, and now he was having to deal with the male and the wolf, while a human girl trembled ahead of him.

The magic which tore through his near impenetrable shield scared the living daylights (or rather nightlights) out of him. It held fury like he had never known, and despite trying to throw his magic out and block the diving Fae warrior, he was too slow and the male had a shielf of his own. The huge male dove at Celaena, tackling her to the ground while she shrieked.

Rhys desperately threw out his magic again but the huge white wolf lunged for him with unnatural speed and pinned him to the ground. The dog snarled at him, drowning out the sounds of the world around him, but he though he heard....

Laughter.

Pure, undiluted, joyous laughter. A woman's laughter.

Rhys went limp and twisted his head to see Celaena. The male, who Rhysand had been sure was going to slaughter the woman in seconds, now got to his feet and offered a hand to the woman flat on her back in the snow. And it was her laughter, Celaena's laughter, which rang through the valley.

She took the warriors hand and got to her feet, dusting the snow off her cloak.

"Honestly Rowan you're more like a wolf than he is!"

Celaena turned to see Rhys trapped beneath the enormous wolf and her laughter grew, "Oh my gods Rhys, aren't you supposed to be the most powerful High Lord in the history of Prythian?" She quirked a sarcastic brow at him and put a hand on her hip, the other resting on the Fae male's shoulder beside her, who was watching him with suspision.

The male, Rowan he assumed, turned to look at her for a moment, narrowing his eyes. They seemed to have a mental conversation before they both turned back and the male spoke for the first time.

Rhys nearly recoiled when he saw the elongated teeth, but the other male simply said, "Let him up pup." He had a strange, ancient accent which Rhys found he rather liked.

The weight immediately was gone, and Celaena dropped to her knees, holding her arms out. "Come here boy! I've missed you so, so much!"

The giant wolf gave a bounding leap then sat down in the snow infront of her, tail wagging enthusiastically as she pressed kisses to the top of his head and face before pressing her own face into his thick coat, murmuring things about missing him and what a good dog he was for taking care of Rowan.