Trouble in the North

Rhys found where Cassian had arrived in Windhaven a moment before them. The general was trying to fight his way through to the females, and they say chivalry is dead. Cassian was at the highest point in the camp, a sloping hill which was where the Lord of the Camp's cabin was. He was beating warriors off him but they kept flowing up to him all around, while others burned houses and terrorised the Windhaven residents.

It was clear they were trying to provoke the Inner Circle, or just the rest of the Night Court, to make them attack and interfere in Illyrian affairs. Which would give them excuse to rebel completely against High Lord's rule and try to free themselves from any ruling at all.

Rhys knew something was wrong the moment he appeared, Faebane, the Ironcrest warriors were using Faebane, with a glance he confirmed that the stores which held the antitode, were in fact the first to be destroyed. 

Cassian let out a warriors cry and Rhys felt his heart drop, they were trying to kill his friend, his brother. Yes he could hold his own but he could not use his Siphons and there was a flood of warriors all hoping to take his head in cold blood. They would not be allowed to get away with this. But Rhys couldn't kill all the Illyrians, he couldn't butcher them all because the agreement between the High Lord and the Illyrian's wasn't too accepting of interference between infighting of camps.

Rhys had to find a way to stop them from fighting, without committing genocide. But without his magic, he had to find another way. He was sure he could go and find some Faebane antitdote, but it would be looked down upon that he had to leave the battle to go and find something to bring back his magic. He would be sneered at for dropping his Illyrian heritage.

A few Illyrian's noticed him, the female's calling out for his aid, yet they kept attacking after a few glances in his direction. A few warriors called out.

"The great High Lord appears at last!"

"Come to kill us all High Lord?"

Their mocking voices and heckles made his blood boil. Cassian was struggling to fight under the Faebane's effect, the more magic one held the more draining it felt. His friend was dripping blood from some shallow wounds beside him but the Illyrians had stopped attacking him momentarily.

"Who the hell is this Rhys?" Cassian spat blood, probably from a punch to the face, Rowan just gave him an assessing look and turned to his wife. She gave him a slight nod, before turning to look out at the camp and crossing her arms over her chest.

"If you would, pup." Rowan's voice was dangerously quiet and Rhys followed Celaena's example and straightened, glaring out at the Illyrians. Cassian frowned at them and tried to catch Rhys's eye but finally gave up and watched to see what the strangers would do.

An earth shattering howl left the white wolf's throat. His fangs bared to the brightening sky as dawn broke late in the North. It echoed throughout the mountains encasing the camp, spreading through all the buildings and reaching all Illyrian ears.

The howl was a sound of war, a pure sound of control and power. The summoning of a warrior legion's attention. They turned as one and looked up at their High Lord, and his blood-splattered general standing next to him, who was favouring a leg. They took in the legendary human woman who had passed the Blood Rite, and a death-dealing Fae Warrior, the Illyrian's had all heard of the ancient rumoured Wild Fae of the past, and when they saw his teeth they shivered as they took in him The huge white wolf who had summoned their attention wasn't anything to sneeze at either.

"If you fight any Illyrians to disrupt this Illyrian Camp dispute, it will be seen as disrespect to our customs, High Lord Rhysand." An Ironcrest commander called out, unbeknownst to him, marking himself as leader of the rebellion, and therefore a target.