Misunderstandings Lead to Murder

Once they had nearly reached the wall, those who could winnow reached out to the others. It was complicated with how many there were and it didn't help that one of them didn't have any hands.

"Amren is already home." Rhys told them before they tumbled into the swirling black. The 9 of them appeared just outside the wards and quickly made their way back to the house, Cassian in particular bitching about the cold.

"It was so much warmer in the city! Why do you live out here again Rhys?"

The High Lord just chuckled and nudged Feyre who responded snarkily. "There's no way in hell I'm using fire magic just to warm your lazy ass when walking 200 steps to the house."

Rowan observed with interest, and then brought swirling icy winds of snow around them like a mini hurricane. Mor carefully reached out a hand and instantly whipped it back as the ice impacted on her skin. The female glanced over her shoulder at the male who's head was tilted to the side like he had no idea what was going on.

Aelin rolled her eyes and shoved him with her shoulder, "Drop it!"

The male released the wind and the various forms of water fell to the ground in a circle around them. Cassian was cackling, "Oh that really helped warm us up!"

Amren greeted them at the door, looking curious about what had happened but generally unimpressed. "That's some neat magic you got there Rowan." Mor said in an imitation of the second's voice.

The female in question gave a sneer, "Very funny Morrigan."

The Riverhouse was blissfully warm in comparison to the outside and they shrugged off coats, tidying them neatly away. Rowan caught Feyre's gaze on him but he followed Aelin to an archway which led through to their rooms.

"I'll show you the way!" Cassian offered gleeful now Mor was no longer hanging off his arm.

Aelin just gave him a stony glare and turned away, "We're not idiots, we know the way."

All Rowan did was a slight nod towards Rhys, acknowledgement that he remembered their earlier discussion. He practically had to shove Fenrys away from Azriel and herded them along the corridors.

Aelin flopped onto their bed, flat on her back and sprawled out with a grin. "Want more drink or is it time for bed?"

Rowan stayed by the door, but loosened his shirt slightly, stretching out his arms with a groan. Fenrys leapt up onto the foot of the large bed, and gave him a pleading look. That was enough for him to excuse himself.

"I need to discuss something with Rhys, stay here with him" The wolf made a small grunt and rolled over to paw at Aelin's leg.

"Great company finds me tonight, as always." His mate purred, stroking the soft fur of her friends' ears. "Don't stay out too late honey." Aelin preened sarcastically, before rolling over and pressing her face into the soft pillows with a groan of exhaustion.

Rowan just smiled and ducked back out of the room. He twisted through corridors on his way to where the High Lord and Lady had headed after they got back from the city. Azriel emerged from a dark corner the moment he crossed into the Inner Circle's wing of the building. Rowan politely dipped his head and allowed the shadowed male to lead him through a much more homely version of the other wing he was staying in with Aelin.

Azriel didn't speak a word as he halted at a large door and it swung open of its own accord. With one last glance, his silent companion vanished along the corridor to what must be his own room. Rowan remained where he was momentarily, scanning the space he was about to step into with his eyes and his magic for any possible danger.