Boom. A Child.

Feyre would be having the perfect morning, were it not for Rhys's absense. Her gorgeous son now sat at the table, awaiting breakfast. Although they could afford to never cook for themselves again, Feyre liked to provide food for her son of her own accord. It brought them closer as a family, when she had the time, and it helped her to focus on the here and now.

They were in one of the smaller kitchens, as it was just her and Elain this morning. Other than their guests that was, though Feyre thought they would likely sleep in quite late or only emerge when hungry. She had heard from the Nuala that both the human and the male had eaten in equal quantity, enough for two Illyrian warriors each. Surely they would then sleep late and awake relatively full.

While narrowly avoiding butchering the scrambled eggs, she dished it onto some toast and plopped it infront of her son. He stared up at her with violet eyes, Rhys eyes, and she felt her heart melt in her chest as she smiled at him. "Eat up!"

Elain also grinned at her from where she sat next to Danny, "You seem cheery this morning Feyre."

"Indeed I am!" She busied herself, taking time to run water over the dishes she used to cook. Even so long since she had been human the act of washing plates relaxed her, "We've managed to find Celaena's husband, the Illyrian rebellion was squashed a lot more quickly thanks to him, and Mor is coming home!"

Danny waved his spoon around in the air, "Mor! Mor! Mor!"

Both sisters laughed until they heard the sound of swords locking and clashing nearby. Feyre instinctively picked up her son, keeping him close to her side as she felt out for if they were being attacked. It was inside their barrier at least, but she didn't know how anyone could have gotten in, apart from...

Feyre set Devdan on his feet and whispered, "Stay here." Before pressing a kiss to his soft haired head and rushing through the halls to the other side of the house where the sound came from on the side gardens lawn. Elain following her in an equally hurried gait.

She threw open the side doors and stopped dead in her tracks at the top of the stone stairs which fell away to meet the gently sloping grass lawn which had been designed specifically for children to play on. Or occassionally baby Illyrian warriors to have drunken fights on, sometimes with water guns, sometimes with fake snowballs Feyre had to make for them.

On the grass, using all the slight inclines to their advantage, Celaena and the wolf fought Rowan. They appeared like they had been going for a while, and given the bruises on Celaena, and the single discolouration on Rowan's face, Feyre assumed they had only just started using weapons.

Sleep late indeed.

Elain slid to a halt behind her, grasping the doorframe and slightly out of breath. "What's happening?"

Although Feyre had seen them fight the day before, even seen Rowan fight Cassian, what she saw was something she thought she could never keep up with. Celaena made full use of her smaller frame to swing around him and dive under his limbs. To make up for her human speed, the wolf distracted Rowan by diving at him and blocking the male's aim to the human.

She noted the care taken in not slicing the white beast in half, the couples blades reflected sunlight but they were not blinded, still meeting each other blow for blow. Everytime Celaena slid back the wolf was there, teeth aimed for Rowan's neck or any part where he could get a good grip.

None of them wore armour despite the deadly array of weapons, trusting only their talents and each other's skills to prevent fatal injury.

Feyre was shaking with emotion, though she couldn't be sure what it was.