The Truth of Prythian

If Aelin had known she would be spending 2 hours in that shitty, dusty, little room, she would have slipped away to run around the city and see what people were up to. Fortunately just when she was ready to beat her head off a wall, Rhys and Feyre arrived in the doorway, both looking as bored as she felt. It was an interesting persona, Aelin had often pretended to experience extreme boredom but never like the High Lord and Lady did, she personally preferred to threaten people with maniacal grins and a little bit of fire.

The fact the Inner Circle shot to their feet suggested that perhaps they did understand how disgusting the room they occupied was. Aelin took more time to get to her feet, exuding a lesiurely attitude while Fenrys got up and shook out his fur which dust had settled deep within. He didn't seem apologetic that it covered her legs in the spray, and looked almost amused at her discomfort.

Aelin gave a fake smile to the aide who was watching her warily and turned to Rowan who was still sitting, watching cautiously as she bared her fangs at the Fae who had incurred her irritated wrath. Aelin reached out a hand and he took it for her to help him to his feet. Feyre's eyes flickered with hidden amusement, and Aelin tried not to grind her jaw at her annoyance of being so closely observed and laughed at for her married relationship.

Rowan's posture was relaxed, similar to Fenrys becayse he was just happy to follow Aelin as she fucked around in this strange world. She could tell that while they both would prefer to get home, they were actually enjoying not having to hold up reputations and being able to do whatever they wanted while passing it off as 'cultural differences'.

"Leave us." Rhys's voice was soft and Aelin picked up on the slightest sliver of anger there, it seemed the meeting didn't go too well then.

A few of the males had been lurking behind them in the hallway all but sprinted away down the corridor the moment the High Lord spoke, vanishing off into rooms and forks in the main hallway. The aide Aelin had been having on and off staring contests with also vanished into a servants corridor with a low sigh that only the Wild Fae in the room heard.

The doors swung shut and immediately the rest of the room let out sighs, Cassian groaning and rolling his shoulders while Rhys ran a hand through his hair and shutting his eyes for a moment, likely to settle his mind.

"Seems like your Court's meetings are pretty exhausting." Aelin drawled, entertained by the fact that these great and admired warriors were all slumping around her after a couple hours of court politics. After 10 years on the throne Aelin had no issues with holding a queenly demeanor for days on end, especially on trips to new kingdoms where she was trying to establish trade for her own territory.

Rowan on the other hand had centuries of experience and didn't drop his guard in the slightest after hours of scrutiny. While Aelin didn't mind it, she still got pissed when Rowan didn't even show a hint of annoyance after being forced to look perfect for hours. God damn he looked perfect.

Her husband was watching her closely and picked up on the flicker of emotion, that was one thing he couldn't seem to hide behind his mask because he let out a low snort of laughter at her inner turmoil. This of course caused everyone in the room to turn and stare at him.

"Something funny to share with the group?" Cassian asked sarcastically, eyes half glazed with boredom.

Rowan narrowed his eyes, not appreciating the general's tone before choosing not to reply in any way other than straightening his posture and glancing to Aelin with a slightly pissy expression.

Nesta smirked and shoved her husband playfully with her shoulder at his rejection, Mor also snickered before turning to Rhys. "They didn't like our proposed guidelines I take it?"