Did I Mention the Puppies?

Fenrys was pretty open, but even he didn't really want to be in the same room as two newly reunited mates, especially when one of them was Rowan Whitethorn. He knew they would take longer than the two hours until dinner and pitied the shadow-wraith who would walk in on them. Of course Rowan would sense their prescence before they could slip away, and he was too much of an idiot to just let them go.

Fenrys wasn't really sure where he was going, he wandered the halls of the house, which was verging on a palace. Fortunately it didn't remind him of any of Maeve's residences or he may have spent the two hours cowering in an alcove under a painting. He appreciated the art while trying to appear, to anyone who may be watching, that he was simply sniffing around as a dog. He had heard that they were painted by Feyre, the High Lady. Each image showed a different mental state from the female, ones which held horror and shadows were mixed in with bright, happy images.

They depicted the High Lord and their family, who they called the Inner Circle. Fenrys knew Rowan and his Queen would already be considering commissioning more artwork of their family, especially the mortal ones. While Fenrys himself was not ancient in the standards of his kind, he understood he would forever be outliving humans who he got close to. He already knew how the deaths of those who aided in the war would affect Aelin, but those were morbid thoughts which he would keep to himself.

He knew the least about this world's history, given that Aelin had tortured someone for information and Rowan had managed to ask his own questions in Fae form so he inspected the images curiously.

Fenrys in no way regretted serving his queen through espionage, although he did regret not having the oppportunity to befriend these new Fae. All of them were interesting in one way or another but he could not talk to them, and Rowan didn't bother asking the kinds of questions that Fenrys wanted the answers to. Aelin seemed to know them quite well already, which made sense as she'd had dinner with them and spent days travelling with the High Lord.

He reflected on the conversation he had left behind, and thought with pity on the shadowsinger. The Angels of Death roamed all worlds, every Fae in Doranelle had known of the immortal warriors and assassins of all species prayed to him. It was unnerving to meet a single one, usually they were spoken of as one lone 'he', given that the god only blessed males. Azriel was unnerving in general, not that Fenrys was complaining that the male constantly wanted to pet him, he found it pretty adorable actually. Another reason he didn't mind staying in wolf form for now.

Until Aelin had mentioned the title 'Angel of Death' Rowan had instructed Fenrys to try and get a taste of the males blood to try and identify what made him stink like Lorcan. The scent was similar but not the same. However, now he was sure what the scent was Fenrys wondered how he ever thought it was anywhere near identical. The male didn't act like Lorcan either, many of the demi-Fae's behaviours had been devloped from his connection to the dark god Hellas, and Azriel seemed a lot more reserved than Fenrys's previous commander.

He worried about Lorcan, didn't want him mentioned or known of in this world and he had been concerned that Rowan was about to talk, fortunately his friend refrained from doing so. There seemed to be something going on between the shadowsinger and the female, Elain. Fenrys knew that should deter him but he was still curious of the male, the chance to fuck a blessed deity... well it was difficult to resist.

He knew who Aelin and Rowan had been talking about, who Azriel looked like. A few years ago the Queen and her consort had taken a third lover to their bed, he was visiting from Doranelle and was quite possibly the most beautiful creature it was possible to lay eyes on. Fenrys had always prided himself on his looks but the male was something else. And so he had lain with Aelin and Rowan, who were considering offering him a blood-oath as he was an effective full-Fae warrior, until it was discovered he was running from crimes he committed in Doranelle, and that he had a bounty on his head.