Part 4: Bad Puns, Finger Guns and The Morrigan

The entirety of the Inner Circle, plus the strange trio were in a sun room. The large glass ceiling was angled so every chair was warmed by the rays and the windows were cracked to allow a slight breeze. Both Rhys and Cassian had their wings out, the room itself had been designed for this and so there was plenty of space to have many wingspans spread full.

Azriel just sat on a couch by himself, bar for the dog who had flopped on the middle of the seat next to him, the shadowsinger resting an anxious hand in the wolf's fur. He stayed on the far end with his wings arranged in a way to allow him to lean back, but still tucked in close. The two older Archeron sisters were by the window overlooking the garden and were quietly reading while gazing out over at Elain's handywork.

Feyre however, was sitting between her husband and general, lying across the pair of them along the entire length of the couch. Her head and shoulders lay in her mate's lap where she dumped her feet rather unceremoniously in Cassian's. While the general grumbled he did nothing to move her, likely due to a sharp glare from Rhys.

The third couch housed Rowan and Celaena. She sat with her feet up on the chair, with a book propped up on her raised knees, giggling every so often or cursing when something went wrong. Rowan sat perfectly still next to her, not so tense as to draw attention but he was far from relaxed. His hands rested on his legs, dressed in clothes he had brought himself from wherever it was they came from. Feyre considered that the material was awfully fine for someone who just 'served the army' but didn't question it. She felt the male would make her feel a fool.

Feyre had been truly surprised by his ease with her son, who now played in a cleared out area by the windows in plain sight of the High Lord and Lady. He had some of his favourite toys yet Mor had promised him she would bring back gifts, which meant he was shrewdly camped out with a good view across the gardens to where she would arrive via winnowing.

She stared up at Rhys, who had tipped his head back and was bathing in the warm sunlight. Feyre had spoken to Mor quite a bit recently, and had finally managed to convince her to come out, or at least mention her girlfriend and suggest she join them for an event sometime. Yet they had postponed it based off the fact Celaena and Rowan were causing a ruckus. They didn't need to throw off the balance of their family any more right now, not with these 2 dangers right within their court.

Feyre cursed herself for yet again forgetting the wolf. It was difficult but she had lived in Prythian for 17 years now and really should be able to get used to something, which in comparison to a lot of her world now, was completely normal. Azriel was flicking through some of his paperwork, masking them in shadows so they were impossible for anyone else to read.

While he trusted the house was safe, it was a habit of his to always  cover his papers, and even Feyre had heard of how that little habit pissed off the masses. It was difficult enough to sneak up behind the male anyway, and even if you did there was no way to steal information. Azriel also had the unfortunate habit to do this in plain sight of people who may try to peek, though no one knew if it was deliberate.

Suddenly Devdan gave a shriek, and shot to his feet before nearly tumbling down straight away. Rhys's magic washed out and stopped the boy from toppling with a small chuckle escaping her mate's chest.

"I could have come caught you myself Danny, if only your mother wasn't so heavy and lying on me!"

Their son giggled at that, but almost immediately turned to press his face against the glass and stare out at their new arrival. "Mor!" The child cried out and banged on the glass with his fists. Celaena glanced up from her book, and caught a glimpse of the woman in the garden. She exhaled sharply and raised her eyebrows in Rowan's direction looking impressed.