Two Nightmares, One Room

When Feyre had said to 'go off and have fun' she hadn't really meant for this long. She supposed it was a good thing, maybe she was making friends with the librarians, falling in love with literature. But after 4 hours, when the sun had passed it's highest point a good hour ago, there was nothing else to do but go looking for her.

Her feet seemed too loud as she made her way in the general direction Celaena had gone, and she kept walking until she found a librarian, then she asked.

"Have you seen my companion anywhere recently? Or see where she went?"

The woman tilted her head and considered her, before putting the books down and guiding the High Lady, to what she guessed would be a nice sitting area, one of the ones she liked to frequent with her son. But the librarian kept walking past that, round a couple more shelves before reaching the staircase, and pointing.... Pointing down.

"She went down there?!" Feyre couldn't contain her shock, the woman gestured again more violently.

"She is in the base of the library my lady." The High Lady stared at her and grasped the banister tightly.

"When you say the base... do you mean the very bottom floor?" She let loose a breath as the woman nodded calmly.

"Why... would you let her do that? She's just a human woman it's probably already killed her."

"Well she was with you... I thought perhaps she was the... well the company you owe the creature."

Feyre blinked in surprise and did the maths in her head. "Oh. It is about due again isn't it..." She trailed off and peered into the abyss below again, then with a sigh gave the librarian a pained smile and moved to the top of the stairs. "Please get in touch with the High Lord if I'm not back soon."

The librarian gave her a genuine smile and Feyre beamed, she liked when she made these women smile, they had been through so much and she knew how difficult it had been for her to smile those 16 years ago.

Feyre was nearly at the bottom now, she had been descending for a good few minutes and could feel the temperature dropping considerably. Her feet were suddenly on flat ground, but the room was relatively bright, from the window she had installed after she had realised Bryaxis had not run off after the war, and instead had gone straight home to wait for his domestic upgrade. Feyre could just barely see where the woman had been before her, as her bootprints marked the thick layer of dust.

However she decided her best bet, would be to check the sitting area first, as Bryaxis may have assumed she was company, and dragged her there. Or rather she was hoping, because if she wasn't there, the creature may have hunted her for sport.

As the plateau by the window came more clearly into view, she saw a glimpse of black smoke and claws, before it vanished and a voice appeared in her ear, she kept walking towards the chair as Bryaxis bickered on.

"Ssssstop, ssstop High Lady, you must!" It's panic made it's hiss more pronounced, it's language more slurred, and finally Feyre stopped about 15 feet from the chair, where she could see the human woman curled up, with a blanket placed gently over her up to her neck.

The High Lady gaped like a fish. "She's... sleeping? In here?!" Her voice began to go slightly shrill and Bryaxis cringed, begging her to be quiet.

"Please High Lady, she is resting."

Her fear for Celaena's safety had overpowered her fear of the creature at the bottom of the library, but now she knew she was safe, Feyre's blood ran cold.

"Oh... hello Bryaxis... by the way." Her breaths came shorter as she wondered how this would work, would it demand another bargain, say 2 people were too many? Or would they both count as company for that month.