It's Always You Three

Feyre wasn't sure how to function for a moment, it was overwhelming. A minute passed, maybe two and she realised Rhys had sent his powers out into the night, trying to sense the disruption. He shook his head looking confused, "It's too widespread, I can't sense what it is."

The power was wild and free but full of rage, it rumbled again before beginning to quieten. The group of them shot to their feet, Elain's voice was trembling as her eyes refused to focus. "What's going on?"

Sevenda rushed out, hands covered in sauce and flour, "Is there a problem Rhys?"

Rhys was staring out into the city, violet eyes blazing while he tried to make sense of what was going on. "There's something... in the city."

Amren was looking unsettled but on sensing Feyre's gaze she took a deep breath and blinked, when her eyes opened again they were focused on the task at hand. "We'll follow your leads." Amren loyally proclaimed, looking like the creature of death she had used to be.

The High Lord spun around and instructed, "Amren, go and check the wards. We need to find out how a powerful thing like that got in." His second nodded and spun back into the night.

Cassian and Azriel had already summoned their full armour, all 7 siphons and Nesta rolled her eyes at their instinctual response, before wrapping an arm around Elain, whispering encouragement in her ear before pushing her towards Sevenda. The female was looking shaky, and Elain took role to help her sit down at the table. "Flame... fire... I don't want to burn." She was shaking and Elain desperately tried to sooth her.

"Go and see what it is, I'll stay with Sevenda."

Feyre noted Azriel was looking a bit pale, his jaw set and eyes dead cold. Cassian held his arms out to lift Nesta for the flight but Mor looked uneasy to step towards Azriel, despite him being the obvious choice for her own lift. She raised a gorgeous hand towards his face, then paused as shadows swirled more violently around him, and dropped it.

Nesta was yet to step into her mate's grasp, and narrowed her eyes at the interaction. Her boots struck the floor and it seemed too loud all of a sudden, Feyre watched with bated breath as her sister reached out a hand of her own. The shadowsinger didn't even flinch as she grabbed his forearm, and raised it infront of her own face. Her tongue flicked out and she licked the palm of his hand in one long, broad stroke. Azriel leapt back a half-step, jerking out of his trance and staring at her with wide eyes, "I- wai- what?"

The eldest Archeron sister snorted and dropped his hand, "Focusing now? Somebody had to replace that damn wolf didn't they Az?"

Cassian's hazel eyes were watching his wife in complete adoration, Feyre wasn't sure when the shadowsinger had started getting on so well with her sharp-tongued older sister but she was just glad somebody had snapped her friend out of his daze.

Feyre had never seen Azriel lose it so utterly, he faced many Fae from the Autumn Court and was comfortable enough to sit by the fire most nights. However the sky-rattling power had burned so bright and hot that the spymaster had been taken back to a dark, dark place. She watched as he met Nesta's eyes and gave the smallest dip of his chin in thanks, before turning to Mor and holding out his arms which were still coated in shadow.

The blonde High Fae looked wary but plastered on a smile and took the weapons Rhys had laid out for them on the table. Nesta grasped her own blades and then delicately stepped up into Cassian's arms. Feyre forced herself to focus and summoned her own Illyrian wings and weapons.

The group of them stepped out into the street and took to the sky. The two Illyrians flanked them as she stayed just behind Rhys, allowing him to lead them in the right direction.