Arriving in the Great Beyond

While Aelin was a liar, she had no intention of hiding her enthusiasm towards their trip to the city.  The three of them had awoken early, or rather Aelin had leapt out of bed, promptly stood on Fenrys's tail and Rowan had awoken due to the commotion.

"We get to go drinking tonight!" She sang as she whirled around the room.

In response, Fenrys bounded around her, tail wagging so furiously his entire body shook. "The one day we're allowed a lie in." Rowan grumbled, but he was already rising and dressing alongside his wife.

They simply wore dark training leathers to protect themselves from whatever may come, and were lucky to find sturdy boots in the base of the giant wardrobe. The rooms were truly equiped for everything.

It wasn't long before the pair was stepping out into the hallway with Fenrys on their heels. As they wound through the corridors to one of the back doors which could take them to the training rings, they bumped into the High Lord and Lady, who were arguing over if a painting on the wall was hung straight or not.

Feyre looked so surprised to see them that Aelin had to hide her smile behind a hand, feigning a yawn of sorts. Rhys also looked confused and asked, "What are you two doing up so early? We only have to leave after breakfast." The male looked down at the watch on his wrist, "It's 2 hours before we even start cooking."

Rowan narrowed his eyes, looking incredibly unimpressed, "No matter the occasion one should always train each day if they can." Aelin scratched behind her ear, turning her face away so that they didn't catch her smile.

Fenrys however butted her hand before padding off down the hall, deciding if he couldn't participate in the conversation he may as well leave. "Oh... right of course..." Rhys mumbled, looking down at his shoes.

Aelin just dipped her head and dragged her husband along with her, "We'll make sure to be back for breakfast, wouldn't want to be tired for all the fun to come!"

The High Lady gave a strange laugh and stepped aside to let them past with a generous distance. Rhys just gave a tight smile, "Of course, council meetings require quite the appetite."

Well that was certainly something Aelin could get behind, but first she needed to train, she hadn't in several days and she was starting to feel stiff. So she spent the next two hours fighting Rowan and Fenrys without pause, now that she was in her Fae form there was no longer a requirement for Fenrys to aid her.

They fought in a three-way battle but Aelin didn't use magic, it wouldn't do for her exceptional powers to become known. She was consciously suppressing her essence so that no one sensed the godlike magic roiling within her, but it meant the fire burned her up from the inside. This peace wouldn't last much longer.

She found herself pinned on her front in the dirt, arm twisted painfully behind her back, "Your footwork is getting shoddy princess." Aelin just let out an oomph and, ever the faithful pup, Fenrys knocked Rowan off her, allowing a desperate scramble for to her feet.

To return the favour she brought the handle of a hatchet down hard on her husband's skull, causing his grip on the wolf's throat to loosen and Fenrys bounded away. "You're not supposed to help each other dimwits." The male growled, but a playful glint in his eye suggested he didn't mind them making it more difficult for him.

Aelin lunged with a longsword at Rowan's gut, which was promptly swept away by the male's own blade, however he couldn't protect himself from her second dagger which sliced his thigh, while the armour prevented proper injury it still irritated Rowan.

Fenrys took his chance to grab her entire calf in his maw and drag her away into the dirt, it only took a well placed throwing knife aimed at his eye for the wolf to leap away. The three continued to tumble in the dirt, well aware of how filthy they were becoming in the desperate fight.