Into the Unknown

Feyre's back hit the wall as she watched Celaena rise like a vampire out of a coffin. And then the woman raised a beautiful hand, a beautiful Fae hand. With one finger she flicked Azriel off the bed from behind her, the male scrambling away from her. He backed off against the shattered window, eyes wide.

Her right hand then rose, two fingers this time, and twitched them towards Cassian who instantly leapt off the wolf and stepped back with his hands raised in surrender.

"Take. That. Back." She growled, elongated canines flashing in Amren's direction. The female looked shocked, gazing up at the taller Fae on the bed and eyes widening in horror.

Feyre had never seen Amren look remotely intimidated before, yet now the female dropped her head. "I apologise, I retract all my earlier statements surrounding the blood oath and you and  your mate's relationship." The words were mumbled and fast, a well-worded apology to sooth any injury.

The stranger let out a curdling sound in her throat before seeming to accept it, the presence in the room easing slightly.

Feyre took in creature before her. Where there had been a human dressed in indecent lingerie, there was now a drop-dead gorgeous Fae - who made it look like a regal gown. The shimmering gold fabric that had been placed in the wardrobe just for courtesies sake and it was never expected to be worn, some expensive yet tacky piece of cloth. The female was currently making it look like the most exquisite golden gown in all of Prythian.

She tilted her head, her brilliantly bright hair tumbling around her shoulders as she turned to meet Feyre's eyes. The ring of gold in Celaena's was now burning with fire. She felt no power from the female, other than the beauty and attitude of one who could start and end worlds. It was as if the power was sucked from the air around her into a void.

Her presence was strange and wonderful, the Inner Circle openly gaped while the female simply kept an ethereal expression on her face and reached out an arm towards them. Instantly, Rowan was there, a hand on his lady's waist as he lifted her off the bed and onto the floor before stepping back respectfully.

The wolf leapt to his feet to dive to her side but she held up a hand, stopping him. Celaena held the dog's gaze for a moment before she summoned him to her side. The wolf bristled beside her with his teeth bared towards the others in the room.

"What in the Cauldron..." Rhys breathed from beside her.

At the same time Cassian gawked, "Mother's tits! Who the fuck are you?"

In response Rowan and the wolf let out matching snarls as a warning to speak more politely next time.

"More like what are you?" Feyre finally asked, glancing to where Amren was completely frozen in place behind them.

Across the room she still just watched, a bored mask fixed on her face while she observed them. Then she spoke, her voice similar to the one they knew as Celaena but more regal, a slight lilt which was similar to Rowan's but still rich with her own burning force of life.

"I am Celaena Sardothien." The female finally responded with a smile, amusement finally seeping into her bright eyes.

"You we- you were human." Feyre stammered, gazing at her in amazement.

Celaena still looked like she was trying not to laugh as she replied, "So were you."

Amren finally moved, stepping infront of Feyre and Rhys but Azriel was the one to speak next.

"You are also Wild Fae? A shifter?"

The wolf turned to focus on the shadowsinger, cold eyes softening slightly as he regarded his newest friend.